Recent

Author Topic: How can I COMPLETELY uninstall the previous version of Lazarus.  (Read 10649 times)

snowyforest

How can I COMPLETELY uninstall the previous version of Lazarus.
« on: December 11, 2017, 06:47:45 am »
I decided to update lazarus to version 1.80.But after the installation ,it seemed that the previous configuration was still living in the computer and new project could not be compiled.
Could you help me?Thank you. :(

balazsszekely

Re: How can I COMPLETELY uninstall the previous version of Lazarus.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 07:00:09 am »
First please read this: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39242.0.html
If you cannot fix your installation, uninstall everything then delete the config folder before reinstall. Typically located at:
Windows: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\lazarus
Linux: ~/.lazarus

wp

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 09:10:38 am »
The location which GetMem mentions is usually not used for a secondary installation. Find the file lazarus.cfg in the Lazarus installation folder, open it, and get the profile folder from there. Or, open the properties of the link which starts Lazarus; if there is a parameter -pcp or --primary-config-path then the associated string is the path to the profile.

Another issue comes to my mind why Lazarus persistently does not use the correct fpc: Did you add fpc to the Windows path? Open a cmd windows and type "path" to see the current path settings. If there is anything related to fpc or Lazarus remove it. Dont't pollute the Windows path with these programs, you call for trouble if you have multiple installations.

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 05:17:57 pm »
Did you add fpc to the Windows path? Open a cmd windows and type "path" to see the current path settings. If there is anything related to fpc or Lazarus remove it. Dont't pollute the Windows path with these programs, you call for trouble if you have multiple installations.

Say what?
I have fpc in my path, I have 2 instances of Lazarus (fixes and trunk): no problem whatsoever.

Bart

wp

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 06:18:57 pm »
Say what?
I have fpc in my path, I have 2 instances of Lazarus (fixes and trunk): no problem whatsoever.
Then if you call fpc from console the one with is in the path is used, maybe not what you want. It has no effect on Lazarus which knows where its ingredients are. Unlike Delphi which always adds itself to the path. Since I'm having Delphi and Lazarus/fpc are on the same system I never rely on the path to return me what I want.

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 09:33:53 pm »
Then if you call fpc from console the one with is in the path is used, maybe not what you want.

True, I use batch-files to change PATH in the console.
Mostly thought I want to have current stable fpc as compiler, and that's the one in my default path.

Bart

snowyforest

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 02:54:02 am »
Thank you so much for your answers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018