Forum > Windows (32/64)

Lazarus 1.8.0 won't compile, cannot find the Interfaces unit

(1/2) > >>

RuudB:
Because I never had troubles with it, I used 1.2.6 so far. When wanting to install a package, VirtualTrees, and it didn't show up, I was told to use 1.8.0.
I downloaded it, 32-bits version for Windows 7, and installed it as a second version. When executing Lazarus, it mentioned it couldn't find the sources for FPC 3.0.2. So I downloaded the sources and copied them to the right place. Strangely enough there was a directory named 3.0.4.
Starting Lazarus again the error was gone and I could start the IDE. What I just described before was my third try of deleting the old version and installing it new because trying to compile an existing program that ran fine under 1.2.6, I ran into a weird error. So this time I compiled the empty program Lazarus presented as default. Again the same error: see the attached PNGs.

I hope someone can tell what is going on, thank you!

Kind regards, Ruud Baltissen

wp:

--- Quote from: RuudB on December 10, 2017, 09:54:03 am ---Because I never had troubles with it, I used 1.2.6 so far. When wanting to install a package, VirtualTrees, and it didn't show up, I was told to use 1.8.0.
I downloaded it, 32-bits version for Windows 7, and installed it as a second version. When executing Lazarus, it mentioned it couldn't find the sources for FPC 3.0.2. So I downloaded the sources and copied them to the right place. Strangely enough there was a directory named 3.0.4.
Starting Lazarus again the error was gone and I could start the IDE. What I just described before was my third try of deleting the old version and installing it new because trying to compile an existing program that ran fine under 1.2.6, I ran into a weird error. So this time I compiled the empty program Lazarus presented as default. Again the same error: see the attached PNGs.

I hope someone can tell what is going on, thank you!

Kind regards, Ruud Baltissen

--- End quote ---
Requesting the fpc 3.02 sources shows that something is badly screwed up here. I installed Laz 1.8 on Win just to check and it runs fine out of the box.

Delete your Laz 1.8 again, delete the fpc 3.02 sources. Install 1.8 again, select "secondary installation", specify a new installation directory (*) and a new configuration folder, select "complete installation", but don't allow the installer to register file extensions, for Windows QT-Interface normally is not needed. After the installation, put the new Lazarus folder on the whitelist of your antivirus (as well as your projects folder). When the new Lazarus starts for the first time a setup dialog is presented on which everything should be ok, just click on the button to start the IDE.

(*) Don't install into "c:\program files" or any other directory which contains a space in its name.

RuudB:
Hallo wp,

--- Quote from: wp on December 10, 2017, 10:31:02 am ---Delete your Laz 1.8 again, delete the fpc 3.02 sources.
--- End quote ---
I deleted both 1.8.0 and 1.2.6 using Windows' configuration manager and deleting left-overs by hand.

--- Quote --- Install 1.8 again, select "secondary installation", specify a new installation directory (*) and a new configuration folder, select "complete installation", but don't allow the installer to register file extensions, for Windows QT-Interface normally is not needed. After the installation, put the new Lazarus folder on the whitelist of your antivirus (as well as your projects folder). When the new Lazarus starts for the first time a setup dialog is presented on which everything should be ok,
--- End quote ---
Nope. See the attachment.

--- Quote --- just click on the button to start the IDE.
--- End quote ---
I did, pressed Ctrl+F9 to compile the present default program and same error message as before.

--- Quote ---(*) Don't install into "c:\program files" or any other directory which contains a space in its name.
--- End quote ---
D:\Programs\Lazarus180

Just haven't any idea.....

Kind regards, Ruud

avra:

--- Quote from: RuudB on December 10, 2017, 12:54:56 pm ---I deleted both 1.8.0 and 1.2.6 using Windows' configuration manager and deleting left-overs by hand.
--- End quote ---
What happens if after this you enter fpc and make into command line (separately of course)?

RuudB:

--- Quote from: avra on December 10, 2017, 01:30:17 pm ---What happens if after this you enter fpc and make into command line (separately of course)?
--- End quote ---
I'm not sure what you mean. FPC in the present 3.0.4 directory starts up. Otherwise rephrase your sentence please. I'm not a native Engish speaker.

Kind regards, Ruud

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version