Forum > Other

Lazarus 1.8.1 bugs

(1/3) > >>

timppl:
I found a couple of bugs in Lazarus 1.8.1 which caused a segmentation fault. I have noted them on Mantis ( with patches ) with numbers 0032785 and 0032786.

Regards

Tim

zeljko:
hmm...I've looked into your patches and it does not look good. Are you saying that checking for assigned pointer is crashing ? IMO, there's another problem on your system.

Thaddy:
Yes. both patches are complete nonsense. (Don't let that discourage you to provide patches, though)
The assignment tests are strictly necessary so can not be removed.
You should test if any variables are initialized in the first place if there are issues (Default() intrinsic?), not mask out or ignore any manifestations.
Objects and classes are guaranteed to be initialized correctly.

I agree with zeljko : there must be something wrong on your system, code or installation.

Maybe you have a case of use-after-free?

Martin_fr:
It may be possible that the patches are simply reverse.

I checked codeexplorer.pas and it already does not have the "assigned" that the patch wants to remove.

Maybe the diff was done in the wrong direction?

That said, it be good to know, how to reproduce the issues.
After all the patch may stop the crash. But since the author of the code did not expect that, subsequent code may still display something wrong.

JuhaManninen:
The issue #32785 is about Delphi converter. I assume the patch is reverted but I still doubt it is needed.
There are no steps to reproduce, no example file to convert. Nothing. Not a very good report.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version