Recent

Author Topic: Raspberry 3 Installation problem [SOVLED]  (Read 8105 times)

jbmckim

Raspberry 3 Installation problem [SOVLED]
« on: December 02, 2017, 04:53:51 am »
I'm trying to install the most recent version of FPC/Lazarus readily available for the Raspberry.  That seems to be 3.0.0 and 1.6.2 per

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. https://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/raspberry-pi/install-lazarus-pascal-on-raspberry-pi-2/

The install completes but on running Lazarus after the install the IDE can't find the "FPC sources."  The attachment shows the window I get at startup.  Any ideas on how to look for the sources?

thanks.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:12:05 pm by jbmckim »

rvk

Re: Raspberry 3 Installation problem
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:08:52 am »
You can see from the comment that it needs the file rtl/linux/system.pp that you need to provide the directory ABOVE the rtl directory.

You provided /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.0.0/rtl
but you need to enter /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.0.0

ttomas

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 12:17:10 pm »
I'm trying to install the most recent version of FPC/Lazarus readily available for the Raspberry.  That seems to be 3.0.0 and 1.6.2
You can try most recent version or trunk/trunk with fpcupdeluxe. I don't increase swap file, but use zram. Compile time is  faster then swap (sdcard speed is slower then ram/zip).
You can watch this video and speed increase when compiling qt5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ4VAelq-wE

I use fpcupdeluxe, trunk/trink, mORMot trunk. Adding packages and rebuld Lazarus without problem.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 02:56:08 pm »
The most recent versions are laz and fpc trunk and will happily build on a Raspberry Pi. (written from a Raspberry Pi) with  a bootstrap fpc 3 from stretch.

Thaddy.
Specialize a type, not a var.

jbmckim

Re: Raspberry 3 Installation problem [SOVLED]
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 07:21:42 pm »
Brilliant!

rvk - That worked!  I have to say I don't get that info from the graphic I posted but... I'm not being truculent here:  I don't see how that follows from the graphic I posted.  It's probably really stupid but could you point it out to me?  (for future reference)  Thanks.

Others - all good info I may try.  I'm trying to build a new app that moves between Linux and Windows.  Compiler versioning isn't necessarily crucial (depending on implementation) but it is definitely preferred.

rvk

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 08:13:12 pm »
I have to say I don't get that info from the graphic I posted but...
The first line in that dialog asks:
The sources are required for browsing and code completion.
For example it has the file 'rtl/linux/system.pp'.
You see that the file system.pp includes the path rtl/linux.
So when you look at the perspective of /home/pi/dec/fpc/3.0.0/ you can paste rtl/linux/system.pp after it and you come to a valid file.

If you however give /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.0.0/rtl/ as path you get /home/pi/dec/fpc/3.0.0/rtl/rtl/linux/system.pp. Notice the double rtl/rtl/. That doesn't point to a valid file.

So if the question is "give a directory/path which should have the file dir1/dir2/file1.txt" you should point to the directory which contains that dir1 (and after that dir1 contains dir2 and dir2 contains file1.txt).

jbmckim

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 12:15:49 am »
Thanks for the explanation rvk.  That is completely counter intuitive to me...which means I'll have to keep my eyes open for that sort of explanation.  Thanks again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018