Author Topic: Raspberry 3 Installation problem [SOVLED]  (Read 2505 times)

jbmckim

Raspberry 3 Installation problem [SOVLED]
« on: December 02, 2017, 04:53:51 am »
I'm trying to install the most recent version of FPC/Lazarus readily available for the Raspberry.  That seems to be 3.0.0 and 1.6.2 per

Code: Pascal  [Select]
  1. https://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/raspberry-pi/install-lazarus-pascal-on-raspberry-pi-2/

The install completes but on running Lazarus after the install the IDE can't find the "FPC sources."  The attachment shows the window I get at startup.  Any ideas on how to look for the sources?

thanks.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:12:05 pm by jbmckim »

rvk

Re: Raspberry 3 Installation problem
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:08:52 am »
You can see from the comment that it needs the file rtl/linux/system.pp that you need to provide the directory ABOVE the rtl directory.

You provided /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.0.0/rtl
but you need to enter /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.0.0

ttomas

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 12:17:10 pm »
I'm trying to install the most recent version of FPC/Lazarus readily available for the Raspberry.  That seems to be 3.0.0 and 1.6.2
You can try most recent version or trunk/trunk with fpcupdeluxe. I don't increase swap file, but use zram. Compile time is  faster then swap (sdcard speed is slower then ram/zip).
You can watch this video and speed increase when compiling qt5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ4VAelq-wE

I use fpcupdeluxe, trunk/trink, mORMot trunk. Adding packages and rebuld Lazarus without problem.

Thaddy

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 02:56:08 pm »
The most recent versions are laz and fpc trunk and will happily build on a Raspberry Pi. (written from a Raspberry Pi) with  a bootstrap fpc 3 from stretch.

Thaddy.
I am enjoining wine, not whine....

jbmckim

Re: Raspberry 3 Installation problem [SOVLED]
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 07:21:42 pm »
Brilliant!

rvk - That worked!  I have to say I don't get that info from the graphic I posted but... I'm not being truculent here:  I don't see how that follows from the graphic I posted.  It's probably really stupid but could you point it out to me?  (for future reference)  Thanks.

Others - all good info I may try.  I'm trying to build a new app that moves between Linux and Windows.  Compiler versioning isn't necessarily crucial (depending on implementation) but it is definitely preferred.

rvk

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 08:13:12 pm »
I have to say I don't get that info from the graphic I posted but...
The first line in that dialog asks:
The sources are required for browsing and code completion.
For example it has the file 'rtl/linux/system.pp'.
You see that the file system.pp includes the path rtl/linux.
So when you look at the perspective of /home/pi/dec/fpc/3.0.0/ you can paste rtl/linux/system.pp after it and you come to a valid file.

If you however give /home/pi/dev/fpc/3.0.0/rtl/ as path you get /home/pi/dec/fpc/3.0.0/rtl/rtl/linux/system.pp. Notice the double rtl/rtl/. That doesn't point to a valid file.

So if the question is "give a directory/path which should have the file dir1/dir2/file1.txt" you should point to the directory which contains that dir1 (and after that dir1 contains dir2 and dir2 contains file1.txt).

jbmckim

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 12:15:49 am »
Thanks for the explanation rvk.  That is completely counter intuitive to me...which means I'll have to keep my eyes open for that sort of explanation.  Thanks again.

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus