Forum > FPC development

Anonymous Functions and Procedures

(1/3) > >>

guest60499:
Hello,

I know this has been discussed at some length, but I am interested in implementing this functionality (in part due to the availability of libraries such as OmniThreadLibrary).

The syntax is fairly well documented (e.g. the diagrams here). Is there a code-oriented introduction to the parsing facilities? Is there a complete BNF-like description of the syntax?

Are there any code-generation concerns that would make this inordinately difficult?

Cheers,

Thaddy:
Well, take a look at codeblocks (in trunk) that is related but only available for MAC. There is work being done, however.

guest60499:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on November 24, 2017, 10:17:00 am ---Well, take a look at codeblocks (in trunk) that is related but only available for MAC. There is work being done, however.

--- End quote ---
Do you mean the IDE Code::Blocks? If not and if you are referring to some structure that aids in emitting instructions - how is it OSX specific? Why should I be looking at this?

Looking at the code will obviously be necessary, but I need help finding my way around. That is why I asked the questions that I did.

Cyrax:

--- Quote from: guest on November 24, 2017, 09:12:48 pm ---
--- Quote from: Thaddy on November 24, 2017, 10:17:00 am ---Well, take a look at codeblocks (in trunk) that is related but only available for MAC. There is work being done, however.

--- End quote ---
Do you mean the IDE Code::Blocks? If not and if you are referring to some structure that aids in emitting instructions - how is it OSX specific? Why should I be looking at this?

Looking at the code will obviously be necessary, but I need help finding my way around. That is why I asked the questions that I did.

--- End quote ---

No, he means this: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_Trunk#Support_for_interfacing_with_C_blocks_functionality

Thaddy:

--- Quote ---No, he means this: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_Trunk#Support_for_interfacing_with_C_blocks_functionality

--- End quote ---
Correct. Note the remarks indicate similar implementation on the compiler level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version