Recent

Author Topic: EncNotex, a free software to manage encrypted notes and tasks.  (Read 11374 times)

maxnd

Re: EncNotex, a free software to manage encrypted notes and tasks.
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 07:50:17 pm »
I can access google now, although it's slow, but it's already connected. Thank you very much, Handoko !
In any case, now the source code of EncNotex and the binaries are available in https://github.com/maxnd/encnotex. See the folder Binaries to get the installation package you need.

molly

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 08:11:59 pm »
[In any case, now the source code of EncNotex and the binaries are available in https://github.com/maxnd/encnotex. See the folder Binaries to get the installation package you need.
Are you aware of this feature of github ?

maxnd

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 08:19:57 pm »
Are you aware of this feature of github ?

Thanks, I didn't know it. Anyway, I use Github just as a repository to let users with Google IP locked :( to know and possibly use my software. So I need to upload the code as easily as possible...

molly

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 08:22:30 pm »
@maxnd:
No problem. I just wanted to let you know in case it would be helpful. Perhaps another day/week/month/year  :)

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 08:25:29 pm »
The reason is more than storing the binaries in the right place. Your GitHub repositories has a size limit, and if you just do a lot of commits changing the executables, all of them get into the history of the repo, creating a lot of unused binaries, one for each time you change them. And that increases a lot the size of your repo. Maybe you will not reach the limit but your sources are polluted with binaries.

maxnd

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 08:57:37 pm »
The reason is more than storing the binaries in the right place. Your GitHub repositories has a size limit, and if you just do a lot of commits changing the executables, all of them get into the history of the repo, creating a lot of unused binaries, one for each time you change them. And that increases a lot the size of your repo. Maybe you will not reach the limit but your sources are polluted with binaries.

Thanks, I didn't realize this issue. Anyway, EncNotex now is pretty much stable and has all the features I need. So I'm planning to release a new version every year or so. Hopefully I'll not exceed the Github size limits very soon.

I know that the binaries should be separated by the code, but I've no other way to give people that cannot connect to Google the possibility to use the software I've shared.

tomitomy

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 07:14:41 am »
Hi, Massimo.

Thank you for sharing your software, it is a nice software, compact and safe and convenient, I tried it, and found a few problems, I want to tell you:

1, if I only changed the format, but did not change the text content, when I switch to other nodes, then switch back, the format of the change will not be saved.

2, if I did not selected any text, accidentally click the "bold, italic, underline" button, then the entire paragraph format will be overwritten, leading to the loss of the original format.

I hope your software is getting better!  :)

maxnd

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 09:12:06 am »
Hi, Massimo.

Thank you for sharing your software, it is a nice software, compact and safe and convenient, I tried it, and found a few problems, I want to tell you:

Thanks, on which operative system are you using EncNotex?

tomitomy

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 09:25:23 am »
Thanks, on which operative system are you using EncNotex?

My OS is Linux Mint MATE 18.2 64-bit.

maxnd

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 10:21:57 am »
My OS is Linux Mint MATE 18.2 64-bit.

I tried EncNotex 1.4.4 on Linux Mint 18.3 Mate in Virtualbox on Fedora 27 Gnome 3.26.2, and I could not reproduce the bugs you wrote about. An only format change is saved whenever I change the node, and if I click on the bold, italic or underline icons when no text is selected, only the current word is formatted. So I cannot really help you. Sorry :(

tomitomy

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 11:09:48 am »
Here are the animated screenshots:

maxnd

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 11:25:43 am »
Here are the animated screenshots:
The issues you mentioned should be related to the Chinese or Japanese (?) language, because it's written from right to left (am I wrong?). Few procedures of EncNotex could not work properly for this reason. Anyway, it's hard from me to adapt them to these languages because I cannot write them  :( Of course, if you wish you may do this yourself, according to the GPL v.3 licence or following under which I've released the software.

tomitomy

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 12:13:00 pm »
The issues you mentioned should be related to the Chinese or Japanese (?) language, because it's written from right to left (am I wrong?). Few procedures of EncNotex could not work properly for this reason. Anyway, it's hard from me to adapt them to these languages because I cannot write them  :( Of course, if you wish you may do this yourself, according to the GPL v.3 licence or following under which I've released the software.
It's Chinese, it's written from left to right. Thank you for your reply, I also have my own software to maintain, I have no time to write other code, I just want to tell you what I met, thank you!

binfch

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 01:40:11 pm »
Dear Massimo

I bought a new Microsoft Surface device with higher DPI (excellent device by the way).

EncNotex does not look that good on the screen (see attached screenshot).

P.S: The default font scaling is set to 200% in Windows.

I found a page talking about this, but I don't know actually if this is device-, Lazarus- or EncNotex-related!

-> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/High_DPI

Thanks & cheers,
Peter
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:54:37 pm by binfch »

maxnd

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 04:04:01 pm »
EncNotex does not look that good on the screen (see attached screenshot).
P.S: The default font scaling is set to 200% in Windows.
The interface of EncNotex is shown properly if the font scaling is set to 125% or less. Anyway, in the next version I'll try to make it look fine also on bigger scales.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018