Recent

Author Topic: EncNotex, a free software to manage encrypted notes and tasks.  (Read 11445 times)

maxnd

EncNotex, a free software to manage encrypted notes and tasks.
« on: November 23, 2017, 08:21:34 pm »
Hi all,

I'd like to present EncNotex, a free and open source software made with Lazarus to manage encrypted notes and tasks. It runs on Linux, Windows and macOS with Carbon libraries. It’s aim is to grant the user an highly secure tool to manage very confidential data, but it can be used just to manage text of every kind. In some way, it's a reduced version of MyNotex, but has some unique features.

To have more information, see the website in https://sites.google.com/site/encnotex.

Massimo

binfch

Re: EncNotex, a free software to manage encrypted notes and tasks.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 08:53:06 am »
Hi Massimo

Thank you. This looks very interesting. Is there by any chance a "portable" version for Windows (that does not require installation)?

Thanks & cheers,
Peter

maxnd

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 09:10:30 am »
Hi Peter,

yes, EncNotex does not need installation  :D. On Windows, just get the EncNotex.exe file from an installation and copy it in a USB key. To run the software, double click on this file. The software leaves only a configuration file (encnotex.ini) in the directory given by GetAppConfigDir. So, no need to delete anything else to clear every trace of its use. Maybe in a future version I'll add an option to clear this file automatically on exit.

All the best,

M.

maxnd

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 09:01:59 pm »
Ehm, actually the new version of EncNotex, 1.4.2, has the possibility to avoid to save the configuration file, plus few more things. So it can work better on a pen drive used on a shared computer.

Massimo

binfch

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 03:01:47 pm »
Dear Massimo

Thanks, EncNotex works really great and I like to work with it.

Small issue -> In the first menu (see attached screenshot) I have now several entries for the same file (I changed the location of the file a few times). Is there a way to clear/empty the list?

Question -> Can I automatically load the last file (showing directly the password dialog) when starting EncNotex?

Feature/Idea -> Sometimes there are important words/phrases or text blocks within a note that need to be remembered (so a function to highlight or bookmark them somehow would be great).

Thanks & cheers,
Peter

tomitomy

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 03:11:46 pm »
Hi, Massimo, I can't access this site https://sites.google.com/site/encnotex from China, It's blocked, do you have an Github account?

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 03:20:02 pm »
For people can't access certain websites because the IP is blocked, I recommend Tor Project:
https://www.torproject.org/

I am web designer. I accidentally blocked my IP  due to the high security settings of the website, I used Tor Project to login and unblock my IP.

maxnd

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 04:04:01 pm »
Small issue -> In the first menu (see attached screenshot) I have now several entries for the same file (I changed the location of the file a few times). Is there a way to clear/empty the list?
You should open 4 other files or delete encnotex.ini in UserName\Appdata\Local\EncNotex.

Question -> Can I automatically load the last file (showing directly the password dialog) when starting EncNotex?
No, but I'll add the function to the next version.

Feature/Idea -> Sometimes there are important words/phrases or text blocks within a note that need to be remembered (so a function to highlight or bookmark them somehow would be great).
You may use bold/underline. The highlight could possibly conflict with the background color.

tomitomy

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 08:16:02 am »
For people can't access certain websites because the IP is blocked, I recommend Tor Project:
https://www.torproject.org/

I am web designer. I accidentally blocked my IP  due to the high security settings of the website, I used Tor Project to login and unblock my IP.

Thank you, Handoko, But https://www.torproject.org/ is also blocked, and I don't know how to use tor. I have bought the ShadowSocks proxy, but it expired. maybe I need buy it again.

Handoko

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 09:26:43 am »
Do you use Linux, don't you? Tor usually is available on Linux's repository. I checked my Ubuntu Mate using Synaptic Package Manager, yes it is there.

More information about Tor Project can be read here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_%28anonymity_network%29

tomitomy

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 01:14:21 pm »
Do you use Linux, don't you? Tor usually is available on Linux's repository. I checked my Ubuntu Mate using Synaptic Package Manager, yes it is there.

More information about Tor Project can be read here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_%28anonymity_network%29

Thank you, Handoko, I Installed the tor-borwser, but it also can't vist www.google.com.

Handoko

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 01:19:53 pm »
I can use Tor Browser to access Google.

I guess you used it wrong. After installing Tor, you will get a customized browser (which looks like Firefox browser), at the top left corner you will find 2 icons: S (no script) and Tor logo (an onion picture).

---edit---

My Tor Browser's appearance may looks different because I use older version.

Sometimes, the ID is blocked. You need to generate a new ID by clicking the onion icon and choose New Identity (ctrl+shift+U)

If you still can't use Tor (after several attempts), then it means your government is very cleaver, they managed to block successfully.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:29:02 pm by Handoko »

tomitomy

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 01:42:54 pm »
Thank you, Handoko, I use version 6.5.1 (based on Mozilla Firefox 45.8.0), I will update it, and then try it again.

Powerful government, weak people.

tomitomy

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 04:35:21 pm »
I can access google now, although it's slow, but it's already connected. Thank you very much, Handoko !

maxnd

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 07:47:59 pm »
The new 1.4.4.version has this possiblity. See the options of the software.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018