Forum > Linux

Configure Lazarus IDE: Warning: "directory lcl not found"

(1/3) > >>

penguiner:
Hi there,

I installed a fresh Lazarus 1.6.2 on my Debian Stretch System and started it for the first time.
Now, I'm getting the "Configure Lazarus IDE" Dialog that says: "Warning: directory lcl not found". I don't know what to enter here.

I looked into the wiki but found only instructions for "manually" installed Lazarus, but I installed lazarus fpc fpc-source and lcl with Debian's packet manager.

The dialog's suggestion for the path is my home directory, but as i have installed the Package with my package manager I doubt that this path makes much sense.

I have a lcl directory under /usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/lcl.
The pulldown box also suggests /usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2
If I enter this path I guess I will get problems with the next update.
Is this path correct at all, and is there some kind of environment variable (like in the tab "FPC Source) that provides the Lazarus Version for the path?

Update:
I just found /usr/lib/lazarus/default which is a link to /usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2.
But when I enter this location I get an error: "Warning: directory ide not found"
The directory exists under /usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/components/fpcunit/ide but it doesn't contain a file named lazarus.lpi (the help text mentions that file)

What is the right approach for the first start?

Thaddy:
On stretch it should point to /usr/local/lib/fpc/3.1.1/units/arm-linux/*

penguiner:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on November 13, 2017, 07:04:02 pm ---On stretch it should point to /usr/local/lib/fpc/3.1.1/units/arm-linux/*

--- End quote ---
Ther's no folder named /usr/local/lib/fpc on my system.
And why arm? I got an Intel cpu.

Nobody knows the answer? Every Linux user should know this because it's the very first thing one has to configure after install.

Mike.Cornflake:
I've long given up on using fpc/lazarus installations distributed by Linux vendors.  For some reason they're nearly always problematic.

I'd uninstall everything you've got so far.  Ensure you've deleted all the files/folders.

Personally, I'd then head to fpcupdeluxe or https://www.getlazarus.org/setup/ and use someone else's scripts to build from source.

Alternatively, install the official Lazarus linux packages (https://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=downloads).   Those are made by the Lazarus team, not the Debian team and I'd put a lot more stock in those.

penguiner:
Thanks for the hints, Mike. I'll give (one of them) a try.
Usually I try to avoid manual installations as I have to take care of updates manually. One reason for using Linux is that the system itself takes care of it's health and updates.

But anyway, I'm puzzled by the many options for installing.
You suggest "fpcupdeluxe" or https://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=downloads, the freepascal.org wiki suggests using "fpcUP" or the .debs from the sourceforge repository or building it from the sources.
What are the pros and cons of each of these methods?

To me this looks pretty much chaotic and I don't know which one is the "right" way to install it.
Isn't there any "official" way to install Lazarus?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version