Recent

Author Topic: Open a package file directly on Lazarus IDE Running instance, skip dialog.  (Read 3287 times)

celso

Does anyone know´s a way to open a LPK, Lazarus Package, file directly on a running instance of the IDE?

I think the dialog asking if I wan´t to open a package or the XML Package file is quite anoying and unecessary, because we can open the XML on the Package window.

wp

You mean "Package" > "Open Package file (*.lpk)"?

celso

Yes, when I open the package using the file, the IDE shows a dialog, see the screenshot attached.

wp

I see this dialog only when I open the package with "File" > "Open". But I told you to use the "Open Package File" command in the "Package" menu - with this, I don't see the dialog.

celso

@wp, I know that man, but in my case, it´s common to need to install a lot of packages some times, and it´s easier to open a Window and, open (double click) a lot of *.lpk´s files.

We have plans to make some script to install these automatically, but for now, If the dialog doesn´t shows up every time, would be great!

af0815

I think using of lazbuild is better.

See  http://wiki.freepascal.org/lazbuild

Description
lazbuild builds Lazarus projects (.lpi) and/or packages (.lpk). It automatically compiles required packages. It can also compile the IDE and install any compiled packages.
regards
Andreas

wp

You did not mention that you open the files from the explorer.

Alternatively: Combine the packages into a project group (you may have to install package lazprojectgroups first before you find the items "New Project Group", "Open Project Group" in the "Project" menu). This loads all packages at once. You can even compile them with a single click. Only for installation you have to select packages individually.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:48:12 pm by wp »

Ondrej Pokorny

Feel free to add a "Do not show this dialog again" checkbox to this dialog. It should be possible with the new LCL task dialog (LCLTaskDialog.pas).

A general solution for all similar dialogs is wanted.

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
You did not mention that you open the files from the explorer.

Alternatively: Combine the packages into a project group (you may have to install package lazprojectgroups first before you find the items "New Project Group", "Open Project Group" in the "Project" menu). This loads all packages at once. You can even compile them with a single click. Only for installation you have to select packages individually.

Even easier (no need to install lazprojectgroups), is to create a new package and add all the packages you need as depedencies in it (Add->New Requirement...).
Then install only this one package.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018