Forum > LCL

I implemented the undo/redo functions of TMemo, and I'm happy to share it

(1/7) > >>

tomitomy:
Please visit the new version through the link bollow(support undo by word):
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,54069.0.html

This is a version that does not support drag and drop operations, and it works well in Windows.

There is a version in the reply #1 that supports drag and drop operations, it works well in Windows and GTK2. This version is in order to repair the Drag and Drop BUG that in GTK2. The code that Fix this BUG is very inefficient, I have not thought of a better way, if someone has better idea, please tell me, thanks!

There is also a Demo in the reply #2 that shows the TreeView multi-node Undo and Redo, it works well in Windows and GTK2.

Version 1 (does not support drag and drop operations):

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---unit unit1; {$mode objfpc}{$H+} interface uses  Classes, SysUtils, FileUtil, Forms, Controls, Graphics, Dialogs, StdCtrls, ActnList, uhistory; type   { TForm1 }   TForm1 = class(TForm)    Edit1: TEdit;    Memo1: TMemo;    Button1: TButton;    Button2: TButton;    ActionList1: TActionList;    Action1: TAction;    Action2: TAction;    procedure Edit1Change(Sender: TObject);    procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);    procedure Action1Execute(Sender: TObject);    procedure Action2Execute(Sender: TObject);    procedure Memo1Change(Sender: TObject);  private    EditHistory: TEditHistory;    MemoHistory: TMemoHistory;  public   end; var  Form1: TForm1; implementation {$R *.lfm} { TForm1 } procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);begin  // The default maximum capacity of MemoHistory is 32K  // The default minimum count of MemoHistory is 10  EditHistory := TEditHistory.Create(Edit1);  MemoHistory := TMemoHistory.Create(Memo1);end; procedure TForm1.Action1Execute(Sender: TObject);begin                if ActiveControl = Edit1 then        EditHistory.Undo  else if ActiveControl = Memo1 then    MemoHistory.Undo;end; procedure TForm1.Action2Execute(Sender: TObject);begin                if ActiveControl = Edit1 then       EditHistory.Redo  else if ActiveControl = Memo1 then    MemoHistory.Redo;end;     procedure TForm1.Edit1Change(Sender: TObject);begin  Caption := Format('Index:%d   Count:%d/%d   Size:%d/%d',    [EditHistory.Index,    EditHistory.Count, EditHistory.MinCount,    EditHistory.Size, EditHistory.MaxSize])end; procedure TForm1.Memo1Change(Sender: TObject);begin  Caption := Format('Index:%d   Count:%d/%d   Size:%d/%d',    [MemoHistory.Index,    MemoHistory.Count, MemoHistory.MinCount,    MemoHistory.Size, MemoHistory.MaxSize]);end; end.
Version 1 (does not support drag and drop operations):

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---unit uhistory; {$mode objfpc}{$H+} interface uses  Classes, SysUtils, Variants, Controls, StdCtrls, Dialogs, Forms; type  // One Undo/Redo record  PHistoryRecord = ^THistroyRecord;   THistroyRecord = record    PrevSelStart: integer;    PrevSelLength: integer;    PrevSelText: string;     SelStart: integer;    SelLength: integer;    SelText: string;  end;   { THistory }   generic THistory <T> = class  private    FEnabled: boolean;    FEdit: T;    FList: TList;             // List of Undo/Redo records    FIndex: integer;          // Index of current record    FSize: integer;           // Current history size    FMaxSize: integer;        // Maximum size limit for history    FMinCount: integer;       // Minimum count limit of records    FEditing: boolean;        // Is it not in the undo/redo state     FPrevText: string;        // The content of the FEdit before OnChange Event    FPrevSelStart: integer;   // The SelStart of the FEdit before OnChange Event    FPrevSelLength: integer;  // The SelLength of the FEdit before OnChange Event     FOldKeyDown: TKeyEvent;    FOldMouseDown: TMouseEvent;    FOldChange: TNotifyEvent;     // Get the SelStart and SelLength of FEdit before the OnChange event is executed    procedure KeyDown(Sender: TObject; var Key: Word; Shift: TShiftState);    procedure MouseDown(Sender: TObject; Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);     procedure Change(Sender: TObject);      function GetRecordSize(PHR: PHistoryRecord): integer;    // Check if the undo operation can be executed correctly    function InvaildRecord(PHR: PHistoryRecord): boolean;    // Just use the Text, SelStart and PrevText to calculate the Record Information    procedure CalcRecord(out PHR: PHistoryRecord);     function GetIndex: integer;    function GetCount: integer;

tomitomy:
Version 2 (support drag and drop operations):

--- Code: ---unit1.pas is same as the version 1.
--- End code ---

Version 2 (support drag and drop operations):

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---unit uhistory; {$mode objfpc}{$H+} interface uses  Classes, SysUtils, Variants, Controls, StdCtrls, Dialogs, Forms; type  // One Undo/Redo record  PHistoryRecord = ^THistroyRecord;   THistroyRecord = record    PrevSelStart: integer;    PrevSelLength: integer;    PrevSelText: string;     SelStart: integer;    SelLength: integer;    SelText: string;  end;   { THistory }   generic THistory <T> = class  private    FEnabled: boolean;    FEdit: T;    FList: TList;             // List of Undo/Redo records    FIndex: integer;          // Index of current record    FSize: integer;           // Current history size    FMaxSize: integer;        // Maximum size limit for history    FMinCount: integer;       // Minimum count limit of records    FEditing: boolean;        // Is it not in the undo/redo state     FPrevText: string;        // The content of the FEdit before OnChange Event    FPrevSelStart: integer;   // The SelStart of the FEdit before OnChange Event    FPrevSelLength: integer;  // The SelLength of the FEdit before OnChange Event     FOldKeyDown: TKeyEvent;    FOldMouseDown: TMouseEvent;    FOldChange: TNotifyEvent;     // Get the SelStart and SelLength of FEdit before the OnChange event is executed    procedure KeyDown(Sender: TObject; var Key: Word; Shift: TShiftState);    procedure MouseDown(Sender: TObject; Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);     procedure Change(Sender: TObject);      function GetRecordSize(PHR: PHistoryRecord): integer;    // Check if the undo operation can be executed correctly    function InvaildRecord(PHR: PHistoryRecord): boolean;    // Just use the Text, SelStart and PrevText to calculate the Record Information    procedure CalcRecord(out PHR: PHistoryRecord);    // Drag text will get wrong SelStart, use this most stupid method to calculate record information    procedure HardCalcRecord(out PHR: PHistoryRecord);     function GetIndex: integer;    function GetCount: integer;    procedure SetEnabled(AValue: boolean);     procedure ShowPrevText; // debug    procedure ShowCurText;  // debug    procedure ShowHistory;  // Debug    procedure ShowRecord;   // Debug  public    constructor Create(AEdit: TCustomEdit; AMaxSize: integer = 32 * 1024; AMinCount: integer = 10);    destructor Destroy; override;     function CanUndo: boolean;    function CanRedo: boolean;    procedure Undo;    procedure Redo;     property Index: integer read GetIndex;    property Size: integer read FSize;    property MaxSize: integer read FMaxSize;    property Count: integer read GetCount;    property MinCount: integer read FMinCount;    property Enabled: boolean read FEnabled write SetEnabled;  end;   TEditHistory = specialize THistory<TEdit>;  TMemoHistory = specialize THistory<TMemo>; implementation uses  lazUTF8; constructor THistory.Create(AEdit: TCustomEdit; AMaxSize: integer = 32 * 1024; AMinCount: integer = 10);begin  inherited Create;   FEdit := T(AEdit);  FPrevText := FEdit.Text;  FPrevSelStart := 0;  FPrevSelLength := 0;   FList := TList.Create;  FIndex := -1;  FSize := 0;  FMaxSize := AMaxSize;  FMinCount := AMinCount;  FEditing := True;   FOldChange := FEdit.OnChange;  FOldKeyDown := FEdit.OnKeyDown;  FOldMouseDown := FEdit.OnMouseDown;   FEdit.OnChange := @Change;  FEdit.OnKeyDown := @KeyDown;  FEdit.OnMouseDown := @MouseDown;   FEnabled := True;end; destructor THistory.Destroy;var  i: integer;begin  for i := 0 to FList.Count - 1 do    dispose(PHistoryRecord(FList[i]));   FList.Free;   Enabled := False;   inherited Destroy;end; procedure THistory.KeyDown(Sender: TObject; var Key: Word; Shift: TShiftState);begin  FPrevSelStart := FEdit.SelStart;  FPrevSelLength := FEdit.SelLength;   if Assigned(FOldKeyDown) then    FOldKeyDown(Sender, Key, Shift);end; procedure THistory.MouseDown(Sender: TObject; Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);begin  FPrevSelStart := FEdit.SelStart;  FPrevSelLength := FEdit.SelLength;   if Assigned(FOldMouseDown) then    FOldMouseDown(Sender, Button, Shift, X, Y);end; procedure THistory.Change(Sender: TObject);var  i: integer;  PHR: PHistoryRecord;  SelStart: integer;begin  // ShowPrevText;  // debug  // ShowCurText;   // debug  SelStart := FEdit.SelStart;   if FEditing then  begin    // Destroy the records after current record    for i := FList.Count - 1 downto FIndex + 1 do    begin      Dec(FSize, GetRecordSize(PHistoryRecord(FList[i])));      dispose(PHistoryRecord(FList[i]));      FList.Delete(i);    end;     // Add a record    PHR := new(PHistoryRecord);    FList.Add(PHR);    Inc(FIndex);     // Fill in the record    if SelStart < FPrevSelStart then    begin      // Backspace character      PHR^.PrevSelStart := SelStart;      PHR^.PrevSelLength := FPrevSelStart - SelStart;      PHR^.PrevSelText := UTF8Copy(FPrevText, PHR^.PrevSelStart + 1, PHR^.PrevSelLength);       PHR^.SelStart := SelStart;      PHR^.SelLength := 0;      PHR^.SelText := '';    end    else if SelStart > FPrevSelStart then    begin      if FEdit.SelLength > 0 then  // This case only happens in GTK2      begin        {        // Add text (Paste after selecting some text)        PHR^.PrevSelStart := FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.PrevSelLength := 0;        PHR^.PrevSelText := '';         PHR^.SelStart := FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.SelLength := SelStart - FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.SelText := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, PHR^.SelStart + 1, PHR^.SelLength);        }         // Drag text also makes the code run here (GTK2)        HardCalcRecord(PHR);      end      else      begin        // Add text (Input or Paste)        PHR^.PrevSelStart := FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.PrevSelLength := 0;        PHR^.PrevSelText := '';         PHR^.SelStart := FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.SelLength := SelStart - FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.SelText := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, PHR^.SelStart + 1, PHR^.SelLength);      end;    end    else    begin      // Delete a character without text selection (Just select it)      if FPrevSelLength = 0 then        FPrevSelLength := 1;      // Delete selected text      PHR^.PrevSelStart := FPrevSelStart;      PHR^.PrevSelLength := FPrevSelLength;      PHR^.PrevSelText := UTF8Copy(FPrevText, FPrevSelStart + 1, FPrevSelLength);       PHR^.SelStart := SelStart;      PHR^.SelLength := 0;      PHR^.SelText := '';    end;     // Safeguard: If the Record is invaild    if InvaildRecord(PHR) then    begin      // The code will run into here if FPrevSelStart and FPrevSelLength      // are not correctly obtained.      // In this case, I need to calculate the Record information here.       // Drag text will get wrong SelStart (GTK2)      if PHR^.PrevSelStart = PHR^.SelStart then        HardCalcRecord(PHR)      else        CalcRecord(PHR);      // writeln('***** Invaild Undo Record *****');  // debug      // ShowMessage('Invaild Undo Record');  // debug    end;     // Update history size    Inc(FSize, GetRecordSize(PHR));    // Limit history size    while (FMaxSize > 0) and (FSize > FMaxSize) and (FList.Count > FMinCount) do    begin      Dec(FSize, GetRecordSize(PHistoryRecord(FList[0])));      dispose(PHistoryRecord(FList[0]));      FList.Delete(0);      Dec(FIndex);    end;  end;   // Save the text information for the next OnChange event  FPrevSelStart := SelStart;  FPrevSelLength := FEdit.SelLength;  FPrevText := FEdit.Text;  // ShowRecord;  // debug  // writeln('==============================');  // debug   if Assigned(FOldChange) then    FOldChange(Sender);end; function THistory.CanUndo: boolean;begin  Result := FIndex >= 0;end; function THistory.CanRedo: boolean;begin  Result := FIndex < FList.Count - 1;end; procedure THistory.Undo;var  PHR: PHistoryRecord;begin  if FIndex < 0 then Exit;   PHR := PHistoryRecord(FList[FIndex]);   FEditing := False;  FEdit.SelStart := PHR^.SelStart;  FEdit.SelLength := PHR^.SelLength;  FEdit.SelText := PHR^.PrevSelText;  FEditing := True;   FPrevText := FEdit.Text;  // For the next write operation of FEdit   Dec(FIndex);end; procedure THistory.Redo;var  PHR: PHistoryRecord;begin  if FIndex >= FList.Count - 1 then Exit;   Inc(FIndex);  PHR := PHistoryRecord(FList[FIndex]);   FEditing := False;  FEdit.SelStart := PHR^.PrevSelStart;  FEdit.SelLength := PHR^.PrevSelLength;  FEdit.SelText := PHR^.SelText;  FEditing := True;end; function THistory.InvaildRecord(PHR: PHistoryRecord): boolean;begin  Result := (Length(FEdit.Text) - PHR^.SelText.Length + PHR^.PrevSelText.Length) <> FPrevText.Length;end; procedure THistory.CalcRecord(out PHR: PHistoryRecord);var  PrevLen, Len: integer;  Head, Tail: string;begin  Len := UTF8Length(FEdit.Text);  PrevLen := UTF8Length(FPrevText);   if Len > PrevLen then  begin    // Add content to FEdit    Tail := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, FEdit.SelStart + 1, MaxInt);     PHR^.PrevSelStart := PrevLen - UTF8Length(Tail);    PHR^.PrevSelLength := 0;    PHR^.PrevSelText := '';     PHR^.SelStart := PHR^.PrevSelStart;    PHR^.SelLength := Len - PrevLen;    PHR^.SelText := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, PHR^.SelStart + 1, PHR^.SelLength);  end  else  begin    // Delet content from FEdit    Head := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, 1, FEdit.SelStart);     PHR^.PrevSelStart := UTF8Length(Head);    PHR^.PrevSelLength := PrevLen - Len;    PHR^.PrevSelText := UTF8Copy(FPrevText, PHR^.PrevSelStart + 1, PHR^.PrevSelLength);     PHR^.SelStart := PHR^.PrevSelStart;    PHR^.SelLength := 0;    PHR^.SelText := '';  end;end; procedure THistory.HardCalcRecord(out PHR: PHistoryRecord);var  PrevLen, Len: integer;  Head: string;  i: integer;begin  Len := UTF8Length(FEdit.Text);  PrevLen := UTF8Length(FPrevText);   if Len > PrevLen then  begin    for i := 1 to FPrevText.Length do      if FEdit.Text[i] <> FPrevText[i] then break;     if (i = Length(FPrevText)) and (FEdit.Text[i] = FPrevText[i]) then      Inc(i);     Head := Copy(FEdit.Text, 1, i - 1);     PHR^.PrevSelStart := UTF8Length(Head);    PHR^.PrevSelLength := 0;    PHR^.PrevSelText := '';     PHR^.SelStart := PHR^.PrevSelStart;    PHR^.SelLength := Len - PrevLen;    PHR^.SelText := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, PHR^.SelStart + 1, PHR^.SelLength);  end  else  begin    for i := 1 to Length(FEdit.Text) do      if FEdit.Text[i] <> FPrevText[i] then break;     if (i = Length(FEdit.Text)) and (FEdit.Text[i] = FPrevText[i]) then      Inc(i);     Head := Copy(FEdit.Text, 1, i - 1);     PHR^.PrevSelStart := UTF8Length(Head);    PHR^.PrevSelLength := PrevLen - Len;    PHR^.PrevSelText := UTF8Copy(FPrevText, PHR^.PrevSelStart + 1, PHR^.PrevSelLength);     PHR^.SelStart := PHR^.PrevSelStart;    PHR^.SelLength := 0;    PHR^.SelText := '';  end;end; function THistory.GetIndex: integer;begin  Result := FIndex + 1;end; function THistory.GetCount: integer;begin  Result := FList.Count;end; procedure THistory.SetEnabled(AValue: boolean);begin  if FEnabled = AValue then Exit;   FEnabled := AValue;   if FEnabled then  begin    FEdit.OnChange := @Change;    FEdit.OnKeyDown := @KeyDown;    FEdit.OnMouseDown := @MouseDown;  end  else  begin    FEdit.OnChange := FOldChange;    FEdit.OnKeyDown := FOldKeyDown;    FEdit.OnMouseDown := FOldMouseDown;  end;end; function THistory.GetRecordSize(PHR: PHistoryRecord): integer;begin  Result := PHR^.PrevSelText.Length + PHR^.SelText.Length + 4 * Sizeof(integer);end; // for Debugprocedure THistory.ShowPrevText;begin  Writeln(Format('Prev: %d, %d "%s"', [FPrevSelStart, FPrevSelLength, FPrevText]));end; // for Debugprocedure THistory.ShowCurText;begin  Writeln(Format('Curr: %d, %d "%s"', [FEdit.SelStart, FEdit.SelLength, FEdit.Text]));end; // for Debugprocedure THistory.ShowHistory;var  I: integer;begin  for i := 0 to FList.Count - 1 do  begin    with PHistoryRecord(FList[i])^ do      writeln(Format('History: %d,%d "%s" / %d,%d "%s"', [PrevSelStart, PrevSelLength,        PrevSelText, SelStart, SelLength, SelText]));  end;end; // for Debugprocedure THistory.ShowRecord;begin  with PHistoryRecord(FList[FIndex])^ do    writeln(Format('History: %d,%d "%s" / %d,%d "%s"', [PrevSelStart, PrevSelLength,      PrevSelText, SelStart, SelLength, SelText]));end; end.
Demo is in the attachment.

tomitomy:
TreeView multi-node Undo/Redo demo:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---unit Unit1; {$mode objfpc}{$H+} interface uses  Classes, SysUtils, FileUtil, Forms, Controls, Graphics, Dialogs, ComCtrls,  ExtCtrls, StdCtrls, ActnList, uhistory; type   PNodeData = ^TNodeData;   TNodeData = record    History: TMemoHistory;  end;   { TForm1 }   TForm1 = class(TForm)    actnUndo: TAction;    actnRedo: TAction;    ActionList1: TActionList;                                  TreeView1: TTreeView;        Splitter1: TSplitter;    Memo1: TMemo;     ToolBar1: TToolBar;    ToolButton1: TToolButton;    ToolButton2: TToolButton;                                                 procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);    procedure FormClose(Sender: TObject; var CloseAction: TCloseAction);     procedure actnRedoExecute(Sender: TObject);    procedure actnRedoUpdate(Sender: TObject);     procedure actnUndoExecute(Sender: TObject);    procedure actnUndoUpdate(Sender: TObject);     procedure TreeView1SelectionChanged(Sender: TObject);  private    FLoading: Boolean;  public   end; var  Form1: TForm1;   MemoHistory: TMemoHistory; implementation {$R *.lfm} { TForm1 } procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);var  i: integer;  Node: TTreeNode;begin  FLoading := True;   for i := 1 to 5 do begin    Node := TreeView1.Items.Add(nil, 'History ' + IntToStr(i));    Node.Data := new(PNodeData);    PNodeData(Node.Data)^.History := TMemoHistory.Create(Memo1);    PNodeData(Node.Data)^.History.Enabled := False;  end;   FLoading := False;   if TreeView1.Items.Count > 0 then    TreeView1.Items[0].Selected := True;end; procedure TForm1.FormClose(Sender: TObject; var CloseAction: TCloseAction);var  Node: TTreeNode;begin  for Node in TreeView1.Items do begin    PNodeData(Node.Data)^.History.Free;    dispose(PNodeData(Node.Data));  end;end;   procedure TForm1.actnUndoExecute(Sender: TObject);begin  if MemoHistory <> nil then MemoHistory.Undo;end; procedure TForm1.actnUndoUpdate(Sender: TObject);begin  actnUndo.Enabled := (MemoHistory <> nil) and (MemoHistory.CanUndo);end;   procedure TForm1.actnRedoExecute(Sender: TObject);begin  if MemoHistory <> nil then MemoHistory.Redo;end; procedure TForm1.actnRedoUpdate(Sender: TObject);begin  actnRedo.Enabled := (MemoHistory <> nil) and (MemoHistory.CanRedo);end;        procedure TForm1.TreeView1SelectionChanged(Sender: TObject);var  Node: TTreeNode;begin  Node := TreeView1.Selected;  if FLoading or (Node = nil) then Exit;   FLoading := True;   if (MemoHistory <> nil) then    MemoHistory.Enabled := False;  MemoHistory := PNodeData(Node.Data)^.History;  Memo1.Text := MemoHistory.PrevText;  MemoHistory.Enabled := True;   FLoading := False;end; end.
TreeView multi-node Undo/Redo demo:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---unit uhistory; {$mode objfpc}{$H+} interface uses  Classes, SysUtils, Variants, Controls, StdCtrls, Dialogs, Forms; type  // One Undo/Redo record  PHistoryRecord = ^THistroyRecord;   THistroyRecord = record    PrevSelStart: integer;    PrevSelLength: integer;    PrevSelText: string;     SelStart: integer;    SelLength: integer;    SelText: string;  end;   { THistory }   generic THistory <T> = class  private    FEnabled: boolean;    FEdit: T;    FList: TList;             // List of Undo/Redo records    FIndex: integer;          // Index of current record    FSize: integer;           // Current history size    FMaxSize: integer;        // Maximum size limit for history    FMinCount: integer;       // Minimum count limit of records    FEditing: boolean;        // Is it not in the undo/redo state     FPrevText: string;        // The content of the FEdit before OnChange Event    FPrevSelStart: integer;   // The SelStart of the FEdit before OnChange Event    FPrevSelLength: integer;  // The SelLength of the FEdit before OnChange Event     FOldKeyDown: TKeyEvent;    FOldMouseDown: TMouseEvent;    FOldChange: TNotifyEvent;     // Get the SelStart and SelLength of FEdit before the OnChange event is executed    procedure KeyDown(Sender: TObject; var Key: Word; Shift: TShiftState);    procedure MouseDown(Sender: TObject; Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);     procedure Change(Sender: TObject);      function GetRecordSize(PHR: PHistoryRecord): integer;    // Check if the undo operation can be executed correctly    function InvaildRecord(PHR: PHistoryRecord): boolean;    // Just use the Text, SelStart and PrevText to calculate the Record Information    procedure CalcRecord(out PHR: PHistoryRecord);    // Drag text will get wrong SelStart, use this most stupid method to calculate record information    procedure HardCalcRecord(out PHR: PHistoryRecord);     function GetIndex: integer;    function GetCount: integer;    procedure SetEnabled(AValue: boolean);     procedure ShowPrevText; // debug    procedure ShowCurText;  // debug    procedure ShowHistory;  // Debug    procedure ShowRecord;   // Debug  public    constructor Create(AEdit: TCustomEdit; AMaxSize: integer = 32 * 1024; AMinCount: integer = 10);    destructor Destroy; override;     function CanUndo: boolean;    function CanRedo: boolean;    procedure Undo;    procedure Redo;     property Index: integer read GetIndex;    property Size: integer read FSize;    property MaxSize: integer read FMaxSize;    property Count: integer read GetCount;    property MinCount: integer read FMinCount;    property Enabled: boolean read FEnabled write SetEnabled;    property PrevText: string read FPrevText;  end;   TEditHistory = specialize THistory<TEdit>;  TMemoHistory = specialize THistory<TMemo>; implementation uses  lazUTF8; constructor THistory.Create(AEdit: TCustomEdit; AMaxSize: integer = 32 * 1024; AMinCount: integer = 10);begin  inherited Create;   FEdit := T(AEdit);  FPrevText := FEdit.Text;  FPrevSelStart := 0;  FPrevSelLength := 0;   FList := TList.Create;  FIndex := -1;  FSize := 0;  FMaxSize := AMaxSize;  FMinCount := AMinCount;  FEditing := True;   FOldChange := FEdit.OnChange;  FOldKeyDown := FEdit.OnKeyDown;  FOldMouseDown := FEdit.OnMouseDown;   FEdit.OnChange := @Change;  FEdit.OnKeyDown := @KeyDown;  FEdit.OnMouseDown := @MouseDown;   FEnabled := True;end; destructor THistory.Destroy;var  i: integer;begin  for i := 0 to FList.Count - 1 do    dispose(PHistoryRecord(FList[i]));   FList.Free;   Enabled := False;   inherited Destroy;end; procedure THistory.KeyDown(Sender: TObject; var Key: Word; Shift: TShiftState);begin  FPrevSelStart := FEdit.SelStart;  FPrevSelLength := FEdit.SelLength;   if Assigned(FOldKeyDown) then    FOldKeyDown(Sender, Key, Shift);end; procedure THistory.MouseDown(Sender: TObject; Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);begin  FPrevSelStart := FEdit.SelStart;  FPrevSelLength := FEdit.SelLength;   if Assigned(FOldMouseDown) then    FOldMouseDown(Sender, Button, Shift, X, Y);end; procedure THistory.Change(Sender: TObject);var  i: integer;  PHR: PHistoryRecord;  SelStart: integer;begin  // ShowPrevText;  // debug  // ShowCurText;   // debug  SelStart := FEdit.SelStart;   if FEditing then  begin    // Destroy the records after current record    for i := FList.Count - 1 downto FIndex + 1 do    begin      Dec(FSize, GetRecordSize(PHistoryRecord(FList[i])));      dispose(PHistoryRecord(FList[i]));      FList.Delete(i);    end;     // Add a record    PHR := new(PHistoryRecord);    FList.Add(PHR);    Inc(FIndex);     // Fill in the record    if SelStart < FPrevSelStart then    begin      // Backspace character      PHR^.PrevSelStart := SelStart;      PHR^.PrevSelLength := FPrevSelStart - SelStart;      PHR^.PrevSelText := UTF8Copy(FPrevText, PHR^.PrevSelStart + 1, PHR^.PrevSelLength);       PHR^.SelStart := SelStart;      PHR^.SelLength := 0;      PHR^.SelText := '';    end    else if SelStart > FPrevSelStart then    begin      if FEdit.SelLength > 0 then  // This case only happens in GTK2      begin        {        // Add text (Paste after selecting some text)        PHR^.PrevSelStart := FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.PrevSelLength := 0;        PHR^.PrevSelText := '';         PHR^.SelStart := FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.SelLength := SelStart - FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.SelText := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, PHR^.SelStart + 1, PHR^.SelLength);        }         // Drag text also makes the code run here (GTK2)        HardCalcRecord(PHR);      end      else      begin        // Add text (Input or Paste)        PHR^.PrevSelStart := FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.PrevSelLength := 0;        PHR^.PrevSelText := '';         PHR^.SelStart := FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.SelLength := SelStart - FPrevSelStart;        PHR^.SelText := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, PHR^.SelStart + 1, PHR^.SelLength);      end;    end    else    begin      // Delete a character without text selection (Just select it)      if FPrevSelLength = 0 then        FPrevSelLength := 1;      // Delete selected text      PHR^.PrevSelStart := FPrevSelStart;      PHR^.PrevSelLength := FPrevSelLength;      PHR^.PrevSelText := UTF8Copy(FPrevText, FPrevSelStart + 1, FPrevSelLength);       PHR^.SelStart := SelStart;      PHR^.SelLength := 0;      PHR^.SelText := '';    end;     // Safeguard: If the Record is invaild    if InvaildRecord(PHR) then    begin      // The code will run into here if FPrevSelStart and FPrevSelLength      // are not correctly obtained.      // In this case, I need to calculate the Record information here.       // Drag text will get wrong SelStart (GTK2)      if PHR^.PrevSelStart = PHR^.SelStart then        HardCalcRecord(PHR)      else        CalcRecord(PHR);      // writeln('***** Invaild Undo Record *****');  // debug      // ShowMessage('Invaild Undo Record');  // debug    end;     // Update history size    Inc(FSize, GetRecordSize(PHR));    // Limit history size    while (FMaxSize > 0) and (FSize > FMaxSize) and (FList.Count > FMinCount) do    begin      Dec(FSize, GetRecordSize(PHistoryRecord(FList[0])));      dispose(PHistoryRecord(FList[0]));      FList.Delete(0);      Dec(FIndex);    end;  end;   // Save the text information for the next OnChange event  FPrevSelStart := SelStart;  FPrevSelLength := FEdit.SelLength;  FPrevText := FEdit.Text;  // ShowRecord;  // debug  // writeln('==============================');  // debug   if Assigned(FOldChange) then    FOldChange(Sender);end; function THistory.CanUndo: boolean;begin  Result := FIndex >= 0;end; function THistory.CanRedo: boolean;begin  Result := FIndex < FList.Count - 1;end; procedure THistory.Undo;var  PHR: PHistoryRecord;begin  if FIndex < 0 then Exit;   PHR := PHistoryRecord(FList[FIndex]);   FEditing := False;  FEdit.SelStart := PHR^.SelStart;  FEdit.SelLength := PHR^.SelLength;  FEdit.SelText := PHR^.PrevSelText;  FEditing := True;   FPrevText := FEdit.Text;  // For the next write operation of FEdit   Dec(FIndex);end; procedure THistory.Redo;var  PHR: PHistoryRecord;begin  if FIndex >= FList.Count - 1 then Exit;   Inc(FIndex);  PHR := PHistoryRecord(FList[FIndex]);   FEditing := False;  FEdit.SelStart := PHR^.PrevSelStart;  FEdit.SelLength := PHR^.PrevSelLength;  FEdit.SelText := PHR^.SelText;  FEditing := True;end; function THistory.InvaildRecord(PHR: PHistoryRecord): boolean;begin  Result := (Length(FEdit.Text) - PHR^.SelText.Length + PHR^.PrevSelText.Length) <> FPrevText.Length;end; procedure THistory.CalcRecord(out PHR: PHistoryRecord);var  PrevLen, Len: integer;  Head, Tail: string;begin  Len := UTF8Length(FEdit.Text);  PrevLen := UTF8Length(FPrevText);   if Len > PrevLen then  begin    // Add content to FEdit    Tail := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, FEdit.SelStart + 1, MaxInt);     PHR^.PrevSelStart := PrevLen - UTF8Length(Tail);    PHR^.PrevSelLength := 0;    PHR^.PrevSelText := '';     PHR^.SelStart := PHR^.PrevSelStart;    PHR^.SelLength := Len - PrevLen;    PHR^.SelText := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, PHR^.SelStart + 1, PHR^.SelLength);  end  else  begin    // Delet content from FEdit    Head := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, 1, FEdit.SelStart);     PHR^.PrevSelStart := UTF8Length(Head);    PHR^.PrevSelLength := PrevLen - Len;    PHR^.PrevSelText := UTF8Copy(FPrevText, PHR^.PrevSelStart + 1, PHR^.PrevSelLength);     PHR^.SelStart := PHR^.PrevSelStart;    PHR^.SelLength := 0;    PHR^.SelText := '';  end;end; procedure THistory.HardCalcRecord(out PHR: PHistoryRecord);var  PrevLen, Len: integer;  Head: string;  i: integer;begin  Len := UTF8Length(FEdit.Text);  PrevLen := UTF8Length(FPrevText);   if Len > PrevLen then  begin    for i := 1 to FPrevText.Length do      if FEdit.Text[i] <> FPrevText[i] then break;     if (i = Length(FPrevText)) and (FEdit.Text[i] = FPrevText[i]) then      Inc(i);     Head := Copy(FEdit.Text, 1, i - 1);     PHR^.PrevSelStart := UTF8Length(Head);    PHR^.PrevSelLength := 0;    PHR^.PrevSelText := '';     PHR^.SelStart := PHR^.PrevSelStart;    PHR^.SelLength := Len - PrevLen;    PHR^.SelText := UTF8Copy(FEdit.Text, PHR^.SelStart + 1, PHR^.SelLength);  end  else  begin    for i := 1 to Length(FEdit.Text) do      if FEdit.Text[i] <> FPrevText[i] then break;     if (i = Length(FEdit.Text)) and (FEdit.Text[i] = FPrevText[i]) then      Inc(i);     Head := Copy(FEdit.Text, 1, i - 1);     PHR^.PrevSelStart := UTF8Length(Head);    PHR^.PrevSelLength := PrevLen - Len;    PHR^.PrevSelText := UTF8Copy(FPrevText, PHR^.PrevSelStart + 1, PHR^.PrevSelLength);     PHR^.SelStart := PHR^.PrevSelStart;    PHR^.SelLength := 0;    PHR^.SelText := '';  end;end; function THistory.GetIndex: integer;begin  Result := FIndex + 1;end; function THistory.GetCount: integer;begin  Result := FList.Count;end; procedure THistory.SetEnabled(AValue: boolean);begin  if FEnabled = AValue then Exit;   FEnabled := AValue;   if FEnabled then  begin    FEdit.OnChange := @Change;    FEdit.OnKeyDown := @KeyDown;    FEdit.OnMouseDown := @MouseDown;  end  else  begin    FEdit.OnChange := FOldChange;    FEdit.OnKeyDown := FOldKeyDown;    FEdit.OnMouseDown := FOldMouseDown;  end;end; function THistory.GetRecordSize(PHR: PHistoryRecord): integer;begin  Result := PHR^.PrevSelText.Length + PHR^.SelText.Length + 4 * Sizeof(integer);end; // for Debugprocedure THistory.ShowPrevText;begin  Writeln(Format('Prev: %d, %d "%s"', [FPrevSelStart, FPrevSelLength, FPrevText]));end; // for Debugprocedure THistory.ShowCurText;begin  Writeln(Format('Curr: %d, %d "%s"', [FEdit.SelStart, FEdit.SelLength, FEdit.Text]));end; // for Debugprocedure THistory.ShowHistory;var  I: integer;begin  for i := 0 to FList.Count - 1 do  begin    with PHistoryRecord(FList[i])^ do      writeln(Format('History: %d,%d "%s" / %d,%d "%s"', [PrevSelStart, PrevSelLength,        PrevSelText, SelStart, SelLength, SelText]));  end;end; // for Debugprocedure THistory.ShowRecord;begin  with PHistoryRecord(FList[FIndex])^ do    writeln(Format('History: %d,%d "%s" / %d,%d "%s"', [PrevSelStart, PrevSelLength,      PrevSelText, SelStart, SelLength, SelText]));end; end.
Demo is in the attachment.

Ñuño_Martínez:
I thought Undo/Redo was implemented in the component itself as SynEdit does.

Thanks.

tomitomy:

--- Quote from: Ñuño_Martínez on October 31, 2017, 02:03:26 pm ---I thought Undo/Redo was implemented in the component itself as SynEdit does.

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your reply, Ñuño_Martínez, but SynEdit couldn't input Chinese character, so I couldn't use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version