Recent

Author Topic: ZMSQL  (Read 12450 times)

balazsszekely

Re: ZMSQL
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 08:40:22 am »
According to the lpk file the license is free, however if I open the ReadMe.txt different units have different licenses and they are not free at all. Ok, the package can be used even in commercial application but still not free. Now what is the real license? Can I add it to OPM?

tatamata

• ZMSQL - SQL enhanced in-memory database
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 08:58:32 am »
According to the lpk file the license is free, however if I open the ReadMe.txt different units have different licenses and they are not free at all. Ok, the package can be used even in commercial application but still not free. Now what is the real license? Can I add it to OPM?
GetMem, for which units you think that they are not free?
I am the original zmsql developer, and for my part it is free completely. I am not aware that any other part of the package is not free.

balazsszekely

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 09:12:23 am »
According to ReadMe.txt:
Written by Zlatko Matic (matalab@gmail.com or matic.zlatko@gmail.com)
Modified LGPL and MPL 1.1 license: static and dynamic linkin both allowed, even in commercial applications.
Please see the individual licenses in the source files for details
Contains:
ZMSQL units, including zmbufdataset.pas, zmconnection.pas, zmquerydataset.pas, zmreferentialkey.pas: FPC modified LPGL
JanSQL units, including JanSQL.pas, janSQLExpression2.pas, janSQLStrings.pas, janSQLTokenizer.pas by Jan Verhoeven: Mozilla Public License Version 1.1 (MPL)
mwStringHashList.pas by Martin Waldenburg: Mozilla Public License Version 1.1 (MPL)
LGPL in plain english:
This license mainly applies to libraries. You may copy, distribute and modify the software provided that you state modifications and license them under LGPL-2.1. Anything statically linked to the library can only be redistributed under LGPL, but applications that use the library don't have to be.  You must allow reverse engineering of your application as necessary to debug and relink the library.
MPL 1.1 in plain english:
A weak copyleft license that (unlike version 2.0) is incompatible with the GPL. You must include a notice (specified in Exhibit A of the Fulltext), in each source file. This license allows you to license binaries under a proprietary license, as long as the source code is available under MPL.
Those licenses are not free as "free as a beer".

PS: It's not nitpicking from my part, it can be any license as far as I'm concern. I just want to know if the license info in the lpk file is the correct one. If you say it's free, I will add it as free to OPM.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:19:21 am by GetMem »

tatamata

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 09:35:37 am »
According to ReadMe.txt:
Written by Zlatko Matic (matalab@gmail.com or matic.zlatko@gmail.com)
Modified LGPL and MPL 1.1 license: static and dynamic linkin both allowed, even in commercial applications.
Please see the individual licenses in the source files for details
Contains:
ZMSQL units, including zmbufdataset.pas, zmconnection.pas, zmquerydataset.pas, zmreferentialkey.pas: FPC modified LPGL
JanSQL units, including JanSQL.pas, janSQLExpression2.pas, janSQLStrings.pas, janSQLTokenizer.pas by Jan Verhoeven: Mozilla Public License Version 1.1 (MPL)
mwStringHashList.pas by Martin Waldenburg: Mozilla Public License Version 1.1 (MPL)
LGPL in plain english:
This license mainly applies to libraries. You may copy, distribute and modify the software provided that you state modifications and license them under LGPL-2.1. Anything statically linked to the library can only be redistributed under LGPL, but applications that use the library don't have to be.  You must allow reverse engineering of your application as necessary to debug and relink the library.
MPL 1.1 in plain english:
A weak copyleft license that (unlike version 2.0) is incompatible with the GPL. You must include a notice (specified in Exhibit A of the Fulltext), in each source file. This license allows you to license binaries under a proprietary license, as long as the source code is available under MPL.
Those licenses are not free as "free as a beer".

PS: It's not nitpicking from my part, it can be any license as far as I'm concern. I just want to know if the license info in the lpk file is the correct one. If you say it's free, I will add it as free to OPM.
It is free. Thanks.

balazsszekely

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 10:15:25 am »
@tatamata
It is free. Thanks.
Ok then. I will add it to OPM soon. Thanks.

tatamata

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 10:56:30 am »
Meanwhile, apexcol, could you please update the zmsql wiki (http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/ZMSQL) with the description of improvements you and Soner have done?

wp

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2017, 01:51:02 pm »
Great job, apexcol!
Can somebody put this version (ver 1.20.1) to the Lazarus CCR (https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/zmsql/)?
Done: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/zmsql/TZMSQL-0.1.20.1.zip/download

I also added the two demos and converted the help file janSQL.hlp which is not readable any more today to chm.

tatamata

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2017, 02:05:22 pm »
Great job, apexcol!
Can somebody put this version (ver 1.20.1) to the Lazarus CCR (https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/zmsql/)?
Done: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/zmsql/TZMSQL-0.1.20.1.zip/download

I also added the two demos and converted the help file janSQL.hlp which is not readable any more today to chm.
Thank you, wp!

balazsszekely

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2017, 10:25:53 pm »
I added ZMSQL to OPM. Thanks for your contribution.

scons

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2017, 10:28:07 am »
Thanks for these updates !
Windows 10-64bit Lazarus 2.0.12 + FPC 3.2.0

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 12:05:52 pm »
doesn't Avra has a tool that converts from typhoon to lazarus package?
Yes, ct2laz is updated now and should be able to convert any CT 6.30+ package to Lazarus.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

hmprof

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2018, 03:44:38 pm »
Thank you for this update. 
Is it possible to add a published property named FieldDelimiter to the TZMQueryDataSet component? 
This new property can be used for the children's components FCSVExporterExport and FSdfDatasetImport.
Schematically:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. TZMQueryDataSet
  3.    FCSVExporterExport.FieldDelimiter := Self.FieldDelimiter;
  4.       ...
  5.    FSdfDatasetImport.Delimiter := Self.FieldDelimiter;

NB: This new property would replace the constant C, see below.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. unit ZMQueryDataSet;
  2. ..
  3. const
  4.   C: Char = ';';
  6.   FSdfDatasetImport.Delimiter := C;    
  7.   ....
  8.   FSdfDatasetImport.Delimiter:= C;  
  10.   with FCSVExporterExport do begin
  11.     ...
  12.     FormatSettings.FieldDelimiter:= C;  

wp

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 12:04:40 pm »
This feature has been added to the trunk version of zmsql at https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/zmsql/.

hmprof

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 08:46:47 am »
This feature has been added to the trunk version of zmsql at https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/zmsql/.
@wp
Thank you very much for this new feature. That's cool !

scons

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2018, 04:58:31 pm »
Windows 10-64bit Lazarus 2.0.12 + FPC 3.2.0

TinyPortal © 2005-2018