Recent

Author Topic: [Resolved] PDF printer does not show all in windows.  (Read 2294 times)

jamie

[Resolved] PDF printer does not show all in windows.
« on: October 23, 2017, 04:18:36 am »
My current app is using the PDF printer that comes with windows 10..

For the test image, I have some boxes on the output page that has fat lines via setting the
pen.width. The PDF results shows a single pixel line instead but all contents is filled with my
specified color in the box interior.

Also I have rounded corner boxes that ends up being a standard square box to the
PDF printer.

Is this some limitation of the PDF printer and do I need to emulate the printer output in code using
the aspect ration and then do a copyRect to the printer canvas?

Would like to hear some input on the subject before moving on with the project to far in this section
of code..

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:40:32 pm by jamie »
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

J-G

Re: PDF printer does not show all in windows.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:59:52 am »
My current app is using the PDF printer that comes with windows 10..

For the test image, I have some boxes on the output page that has fat lines via setting the
pen.width. The PDF results shows a single pixel line instead but all contents is filled with my
specified color in the box interior.

Also I have rounded corner boxes that ends up being a standard square box to the
PDF printer.

Is this some limitation of the PDF printer and do I need to emulate the printer output in code using
the aspect ration and then do a copyRect to the printer canvas?

Would like to hear some input on the subject before moving on with the project to far in this section
of code..
I can't give you any help on the 'CopyRect' option, nor with the Windows 10 PDF writer, but I would say that the first thing to do is download and install CutePDF Writer - which is Free and excellent.

I use this as my default printer and, like you, output 'rounded corner boxes' and lines of various thickness with no problem.

FPC 3.0.0 - Lazarus 1.6 &
FPC 3.2.2  - Lazarus 2.2.0 
Win 7 Ult 64

jamie

Re: PDF printer does not show all in windows.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:39:55 pm »
Thank you very much.

I did do a test with some other graphic apps and the seem to produce the same effects so I'll
consider this a resolved for now and move on.

Thanks.
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

TinyPortal © 2005-2018