Recent

Author Topic: Where is GetCellRangeString  (Read 1819 times)

daveinhull

• 1 divided by nothing must still be 1!
Where is GetCellRangeString
« on: October 20, 2017, 03:28:18 am »
HI,

I've been working through the FPSpreadsheet notes and examples and while looking t the merge features came across GetCellRangeString, but I can't see where it is declared?

Also, I'm still struggling to find the actual location (in my installation) where the FPSpreadsheet help files are stored - I can't even find a folder called FPSpreadsheet.

Any help appreciated

Dave
Version #:1.8.4 Date 2019-01-08 FPC Version: 3.0.4 and SVN Revision 57972 for x86_64-win64-win32/win64

wp

Re: Where is GetCellRangeString
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 08:40:22 am »
came across GetCellRangeString, but I can't see where it is declared?
If you want to learn where an identifier is declared/implemented click on it with the Ctrl-Key pressed, and the IDE will open the corresponding source file. In this case it is fpsutils which collects all standalone helper procedures. The wiki (http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/FPSpreadsheet#Units) contains a chapter on which units must be "used" in a standard fpspreadsheet project.

Also, I'm still struggling to find the actual location (in my installation) where the FPSpreadsheet help files are stored - I can't even find a folder called FPSpreadsheet.
How did you install fpspreadsheet? It goes into a folder that you created - so YOU should know. Or are you working with CodeTyphoon? I think they create the folder for you. And they strip off the help files and the sample projects. The original folder structure (down to 2nd level) is like this

fpspreadsheet (folder created during installation)
  docs
    api
    wiki
  examples
    db_import_export
    fpsspreedtest
    other
    read_write
    visual
  images
  languages
  reference
  source
    common
    export
    visual
  tests

daveinhull

• 1 divided by nothing must still be 1!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 09:11:00 am »
#wp,

I used the Online Package Manager directly within Lazarus.

Thanks
Version #:1.8.4 Date 2019-01-08 FPC Version: 3.0.4 and SVN Revision 57972 for x86_64-win64-win32/win64

wp

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 09:13:30 am »
Open the Online Package Manager, "Options", sheet "Folder", "Local repository" - this is where the OPM will put all packages and where you'll find the folder "fpspreadsheet".

TinyPortal © 2005-2018