Author Topic: Ambiguous Units Found  (Read 246 times)

Awesome Programmer

• Programming is FUN only when it works :)
    • Cool Technology
Ambiguous Units Found
« on: October 12, 2017, 09:58:50 pm »
Hi you all.

Okay. I installed LazUtils component from LazUtils.lpk file and now it is saying that there is ambiguous units found as shown in the image. I don't understand how to fix this. I followed other questions related to this on this forum, but it didn't help.

I tried to delete the offending file from one of the folder, but Lazarus keeps complaining that there are ambiguous units...

What is the solution or options to get rid of this error?

Thanks,

marcov

• Global Moderator
Re: Ambiguous Units Found
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 11:11:16 pm »
Sounds like you copied sources over older ones. Then if an unit like dynamicarray moves from one dir (lcl) to the other (lazutils), the old one is left behind and not removed.

howardpc

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 11:25:01 pm »
If you are referring to the .../lazarus/components/lazutils/lazutils.lpk package (not some third party package of the same name) then this is auto-installed by Lazarus and should not be installed manually. It provides utf8-related, xml-related, avglvltree, lazlogger and many other facilities. It is present out-of-the-box in a default Lazarus installation.
Indeed, I'm not sure how you fooled the IDE into installing it 'twice', but perhaps you have an older version somewhere?

I suggest you uninstall Lazarus entirely, clean and remove the former lazarus folders and reinstall Lazarus. And refrain from trying to install any base Lazarus packages. The installer (or OS package manager) does all that for you.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:30:45 pm by howardpc »

Awesome Programmer

• Programming is FUN only when it works :)
    • Cool Technology
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:59:42 pm »
If you are referring to the .../lazarus/components/lazutils/lazutils.lpk package (not some third party package of the same name) then this is auto-installed by Lazarus and should not be installed manually. It provides utf8-related, xml-related, avglvltree, lazlogger and many other facilities. It is present out-of-the-box in a default Lazarus installation.
Indeed, I'm not sure how you fooled the IDE into installing it 'twice', but perhaps you have an older version somewhere?

I suggest you uninstall Lazarus entirely, clean and remove the former lazarus folders and reinstall Lazarus. And refrain from trying to install any base Lazarus packages. The installer (or OS package manager) does all that for you.

That's what I was afraid of. Well, I better get started on re-installing my Lazarus...  :'(
Thank you guys for your replies.

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus