Forum > FPC development

fpgui problems

(1/2) > >>

lazer:
Hi,

Having managed to cross compile for win64 using gkt2 widget set , the resulting exe failed to get off the ground.

I installed gtk2 on the target system but when I ran my exe I just got a banal error box that "it failed to start correctly". Which has to be the most useless indication of what is wrong. I guess that is the kind of reason why I use linux instead of windoze.

So I decided to use fpgui which should produce a totally self-contained exe which is more consistently cross-platform.

I grabbed the latest source from http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fpGUI

This fails to build because it is missing lhelpcrontrols 

This is allegedly in the lazarus source tree but I don't find a package file as described here:
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/467141-Lazarus-can-t-install-help-files

That is rather old , so can anyone say how to get this running. I was not expecting to have to go on another paper chase. I thought the fpgui was built in to Lazarus. Why does it not build directly?

Thanks for any help.

Ñuño_Martínez:
If I read correctly, you're rebuilding your project using fpgui, but it was originally designed to use GTK+, isn't it?

As far as I know, LCL with fpgui isn't complete.  I mean, not all LCL components are available or work with fpgui.  Also fpgui has its own GUI designer, you should use it instead of Lazarus'.

marcov:
If you look at the svn log than you see the last non general modifcation is april 2015. The one before that march 2013.

Doesn't seem that lcl-fpgui gets too much love.

Graeme:

--- Quote from: marcov on October 10, 2017, 07:30:41 pm ---Doesn't seem that lcl-fpgui gets too much love.

--- End quote ---

No it doesn't - it is in need of a maintainer that can complete the missing parts (TLabel being the biggest cause of problems). I recommend using fpGUI directly without the  need of LCL.

benohb:
I think QT  better in cross

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version