Recent

Author Topic: Opening symlinks in editor  (Read 3134 times)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Opening symlinks in editor
« on: October 08, 2017, 12:26:52 pm »
Benibela and others, please test the issue:
 https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32292
I am hurrying this because I plan to merge the changes into Lazarus 1.8. It would be consistent as many other symlink related bugs are already fixed there.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

BeniBela

• homepage
Re: Opening symlinks in editor
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:22:28 pm »
When I press ctrl+enter on some units (e.g. lazunicode) in the uses clause, it says "File not found", even though Alt+Up works.

And when opening a file for the first time it still ask, if it should open the original or symlink, is that supposed to happen?

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 05:40:27 pm »
When I press ctrl+enter on some units (e.g. lazunicode) in the uses clause, it says "File not found", even though Alt+Up works.
Uhhh. How to reproduce that? Which files are then symlinks?
BTW, a Lazarus project is always opened from the "physical" path because (I guess) FPC also uses that. Thus units opened through project manager also come from the "physical" path.

And when opening a file for the first time it still ask, if it should open the original or symlink, is that supposed to happen?
Yes. The logic is originally by Mattias and I left it there, just removing the extra questions.
Do we need those questions at all? I don't know.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

BeniBela

• homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 07:08:29 pm »
Uhhh. How to reproduce that? Which files are then symlinks?

It happens with any file I add to the uses clauses in a new application: ctrl+enter:  "File not found: LCLIntf", "File not found: XMLCfg", unless there is already a file open that is in the same directory

Even for files where it does not ask for the symlink

Yes. The logic is originally by Mattias and I left it there, just removing the extra questions.
Do we need those questions at all? I don't know.

Well, I do not need them

Actually, it stopped asking that for my files. It only asks for files  in fpc

Weird. So my actual home folder is /home/theo, but I also have /home/benito -> /home/theo.

Alt+Tab on

lcl files open from /home/theo without asking

my files  open from /home/benito without asking, when I have all the paths to /home/benito in "other unit files"

my files open from /home/theo without asking without the paths in "other unit files", but ~ in fpc.cfg

fcl files  ask "The file "/home/benito/opt/fpc-trunk/packages/fcl-xml/src/xmlcfg.pp" is a symlink. Open "/home/theo/opt/fpc-trunk/packages/fcl-xml/src/xmlcfg.pp" instead?"

BeniBela

• homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 03:24:00 pm »

fcl files  ask "The file "/home/benito/opt/fpc-trunk/packages/fcl-xml/src/xmlcfg.pp" is a symlink. Open "/home/theo/opt/fpc-trunk/packages/fcl-xml/src/xmlcfg.pp" instead?"

So it asks, but I must open the symlink

If  I let it open the target, the ctrl+alt+up/down jump to implementation command does not work in the opened file

TinyPortal © 2005-2018