Recent

Author Topic: Install LazParadox - directories of FPC unknown?  (Read 3405 times)

MoellerCLaus

• Vig Foreningsprogram
Install LazParadox - directories of FPC unknown?
« on: October 07, 2017, 10:49:55 am »
I just installed 1.64 of Lazarus.
Tried to install standard package LazParadox 0.0 and gets this attached error.

Seems to me that the path to the fpc directories is not known.
What to do?

balazsszekely

Re: Install LazParadox - directories of FPC unknown?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 12:32:11 pm »
If you did a standard installation paradox.pp should be located at: $(LazarusDir)\fpc\3.X.X\source\packages\fcl-db\src\paradox\ . If the file is there, check FPC source directory(see attached image). Once you located the source folder go to Lazarus Menu-->Tools-->Rescan FPC source directory.

MoellerCLaus

• Vig Foreningsprogram
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 01:13:19 pm »
Thanks for helping
The source for paradox is:
C:\lazarus\fpc\3.0.2\source\packages\fcl-db\src\paradox

My installation is standard - nothing changed.

Will the fpc and lazarus find all subdirectories?

balazsszekely

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 02:05:46 pm »
Apparently you installed the 64 bit version of lazarus. From the documentation(https://www.freepascal.org/~michael/articles/paradox/paradox.pdf):
For 64-bit systems:
To install the paradox support, a version of the pxlib library must be present on the system.
This library is not shipped with Free Pascal or Lazarus, but can be downloaded freely from
http://pxlib.sourceforge.net/
Unpacking the library should not be a problem, and a simple:

./configure
make all
make install
This is why installing lazparadox.lpk fails. By the way is recommended to use the 32 bit version of Lazarus and cross-compile when needed.

wp

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 02:41:53 pm »
If you only want to read pdx files you could try the TParadoxDataset in ccr (https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/tparadoxdataset/). As far as I can see, it does not depend on an external library. It is read-only, though, and I don't know how well it supports 64-bit (its last modification was back in 2010...)

Note that it installs a package that carries the same name as the one which comes with Lazarus. To equally-named packages are not allowed, so you must uninstall the other one.

MoellerCLaus

• Vig Foreningsprogram
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 02:59:56 pm »
 :) I had not paid attention to 64bit compiler. I just installed FPC 32 bit and switched directory to this one. And it compiles. Thanks Getmem!

WP I beliebe I tried that one years ago and remember it had difficulties with special letters as we have them in Danish; æøå
Will check it out again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018