Recent

Author Topic: Editor/ide wanted  (Read 14992 times)

guest58172

Re: Editor/ide wanted
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 05:32:03 pm »
If you need a wheel make a plugin for an IDE such as VS, MonoDevelop, Eclipse etc...all have an interface to add language plugins.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 09:28:40 pm »
If you need a wheel make a plugin for an IDE such as VS, MonoDevelop, Eclipse etc...all have an interface to add language plugins.

Plugin architectures are a shallow excuse for developers that can't be bothered.

guest58172

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 06:40:31 am »
Yeah but that's what he wanted. In an IDE i'd say that the GUI part is small and there's much more logic. Just a project template will not prevent him to write hundreds of LOC. A plugin for one of the IDE mentioned above that follows a rationalized interface will.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 08:33:23 am »
Yeah but that's what he wanted. In an IDE i'd say that the GUI part is small and there's much more logic. Just a project template will not prevent him to write hundreds of LOC. A plugin for one of the IDE mentioned above that follows a rationalized interface will.

Well, as long as you are free to setup the project architecture and build method anyway you want, and not are forced to use a certain toolchain, that would be fine.  And of course the plugin architecture should have some time longevity.  If they change every major version that can be a pain.

jack616

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 01:45:39 pm »
No need to fight boys!
Eclipse is a suggestion. It's no use to me but that's about all.

To re-jig what I'm asking for - perhaps if I add how I want to use it my needs may be clearer.

How about if I say I need a basic text editor to run on win7-64 that allows me to do things like docking windows on the side to do things like math or open notebooks or display variables etc. It must have the ability to allow me to get in and modify its menus and features with ease and if it can do code highlighting or other things already  so much the better. clearly code comments and documentation will be important. With that the ability to add calling external code and recieve information back from it - but that is easy to add  myself I know. The more that exists the less time I need to waste on writing tools to build the tools I'm trying to create. But flexibility and ease is the key. No non-standard complicated objects, and simple procedure/function oriented code where possible.

(Just an IDE framework). It needs to be FPC/Laz because of the degree I need to modify it.
The purpose is to help me prototype some of the new languages functions and get a feel for how it looks  before it exists or it's hardware even exists in silicon.

I think we've realised that such a framework doesn't exist so I have to make do.

Almir.Bispo

• CSV Comp DB is the Best NoSQL
    • CSV Comp DB (NoSQL)
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 02:58:45 pm »
You can use PSPAD editor:
http://www.pspad.com/
CSV Comp DB Developer {Pascal Lover}

jack616

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 04:50:20 pm »
Thanks

I do indeed use pspad every day.  It's an excellent text editor.
But I don't think it was written in lazarus or has the source code available does it?

Edson

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 04:58:02 pm »
Talking about Lazarus editors, there is http://wiki.freepascal.org/ATSynEdit too.
Lazarus 2.2.6 - FPC 3.2.2 - x86_64-win64 on Windows 10

jack616

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 05:24:45 pm »

That looks interesting - thanks Edson

jack

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 11:05:06 am »
>I'm looking for an editor/basic IDE  I can use to build an IDE for a programming language on.

CudaText. It has Python API, and I can add more API for you.
In this API you can

- make autocompletions
- make go to definition
- make break points (it is bookmarks)
- make any dialogs via dlg_proc()
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:07:09 am by Alextp »

guest58172

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 11:50:40 am »
No need to fight boys!
Eclipse is a suggestion. It's no use to me but that's about all.

[...]

I think we've realised that such a framework doesn't exist so I have to make do.

There was no fight at all. My point is simply that there's a gap between a kind of template (easily moddable but require much code) and an IDE plugin (maybe less moddable but requires less code).

The worst is that what you want used to exist but for Delphi. There was a company selling components, one of them was a docking system. In their example they put an base IDE... Now don't ask me to find it again, i saw that around 2010 or so.

Maybe one last things: Object Pascal (+ libraries) is a language simple enough to do everything from scratch. There are not many ways to do things.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2017, 02:40:34 pm »
There was a company selling components, one of them was a docking system. In their example they put an base IDE.
If runtime form designer with object inspector is what you look for, then take a look at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jvruntimedesign/
Also look at Extra Design components in CodeTyphon. They can be converted to Lazarus with ct2laz utility.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

guest58172

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2017, 02:48:59 pm »
I'm looking for nothing, i'm not the OP. I talked about a specific set of Delphi components which was shipped with a kind of IDE template, like the OP wanted. (It was shipped with SmartBear AutomatedDocking Library **i think** but they don't do Delphi components anymore)

jack616

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2017, 08:19:37 pm »

It seems clear there isn't anything so thank you all.

(neither python programs nor code typhon are any use to me sorry)

AlexTP

• UVviewsoft
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2017, 09:11:10 pm »
CudaText is Lazarus program. with Python plugins.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018