Recent

Author Topic: Installing Lazarus trunk on Windows  (Read 3581 times)

SymbolicFrank

Installing Lazarus trunk on Windows
« on: September 22, 2017, 03:24:46 pm »
So, after moving the trunk build to a different PC, it didn't run. It complained that the configuration was incorrect. (The dialog where you have to select all the executables.)

After further investigation, it seemed that the configuration of the previous install was messed up as well: it still used fpc 2.6.4, for example... So, I expect that the configuration on the previous pc is also incorrect.

Anyway, I rebuild everything and tried all the wiki said, deleted all configuration files of the previous installs, generated a fpc.cfg, but no matter where I place that, it is ignored. And it keeps complaining that everything is wrong: sources not found, rtl not found, no fpc.exe in the make.exe dir, etc.

So, where is the documentation or a working installer?

Groffy

Re: Installing Lazarus trunk on Windows
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 03:39:31 pm »
So, where is the documentation or a working installer?

You can't expect an installer for the trunk version, a lot of informations are here :

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus

Linux Mint / Windows 10 / Lazarus 3.0.0 / trunk -qt

SymbolicFrank

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 04:03:08 pm »
Could you tell me where I can find how to make a configuration for trunk when I build it exactly as described on that page? So I can start Lazarus?

Groffy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 04:32:07 pm »
The problems I noticed so far when moving the trunk version into an other directory where caused by absolute pathes for the fpc configuration. Is your fpc installation inside your Lazarus trunk directory? I'm always using separate configurations inside my Lazarus installations creating a \config folder as a Lazarus subfolder and defining

--primary-config-path=config

in file lazarus.cfg

if your fpc installation is completey inside the Lazarus\fpc sub folder, startlazarus.exe is able to figure out all necessary configurations by itsself. Furthermore take a look into fpc.cfg file for the fpc configuration pathes

Linux Mint / Windows 10 / Lazarus 3.0.0 / trunk -qt

TinyPortal © 2005-2018