Recent

Author Topic: Wiki Download (Export)  (Read 7928 times)

gasdeveloper

Wiki Download (Export)
« on: September 03, 2017, 09:12:29 pm »
I am hoping that someone in charge of the wiki can help out here. Soon I will be traveling a lot, and will be working on software while I am unable to access the internet. The Wiki is such a great reference which i use all the time. I would hate to not have it with me.

Is it possible to make an export of the wiki, available for download? I don't know about anyone else but I think it would be a great option. Other services like Wikipedia, StackExchange Network, and some others offer this.

Thanks,

avra

• Additional info
Re: Wiki Download (Export)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 10:03:49 pm »
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

gasdeveloper

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 11:51:00 pm »
I have already downloaded Wikipedia, they offer an export via kiwix.org, I am asking if FreePascal can make an export available of http://wiki.freepascal.org/

Otherwise I would be reduced to Scraping the pages to make them available for offline viewing. Which is sub optimal, and generates a lot of fake traffic, which could impact usage and speed of the wiki.

Thanks,

avra

• Additional info
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

rvk

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 11:28:04 am »
I have no idea if this will work but...

There is a page to export wikimedia pages (powered by mediawiki) to xml by visiting:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Special:Export

No idea if you can use wildcards but you could paste in a list of pages you want.
And maybe you can retrieve that list via
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Special:SpecialPages
(see the special pages link in the tools section at the lower left)

wp

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 02:19:00 pm »
In components/wiki of your Lazarus installation there are special tools for downloading the wiki. As an example you should a look at https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/svn/HEAD/tree/components/fpspreadsheet/docs/wiki/make_docs.bat which downloads the wiki pages of fpspreadsheet and binds them to a chm file. See also the README.txt in the wiki folder.

Note, however, that the tool wikiget does not compile in Laz-trunk and 1.8RCx because of a reconstruction of the AVL_Tree units which seems to have been forgotten here. In the uses clause, add avglvltree and rename ALV_Tree to Laz_AVL_Tree; and further down, in TWikiGet.CheckNotUsedImages rename the PStringToStringTreeItem to PStringToStringItem. With these modifications, wikiget compiles fine. I could not test it, however, because my antivirus tool, BitDefender, goes crazy with this binary and deletes all files related, fpc.exe, ppc386.exe, wget.exe, etc. I reported it to BitDefender, no response yet.

gasdeveloper

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 02:26:03 am »
Thank you guys for the help. I will let you know what I eventually do, to get the wiki in an offline version. Thanks.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 11:50:00 am »
Wiki mirrors are not really that interesting since that probably requires a complete wikimedia (+database,webserver, PHP etc).

Ideally we want just the html or, better the wikicode (+ some tag/url data)

joho

• Joaquim Homrighausen
    • ~/JoHo
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 03:46:21 pm »
"a wiki mirror" can naturally also store stuff in a static manner. or even better, import it to a DokuWiki, which uses no database at all :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018