Forum > Linux

install fpc 3.0.0 on ubuntu 16.04

(1/2) > >>

tintinux:
Hi

I need to install in Ubuntu 16.04 : fpc 3.0.0 and Lazarus 1.6.0, to rebuid an application.

I know that it is not the most recent release, but there are some issues with the latest versions, and the application was even not fully tested with them,  but I do need to build it.

I'm using a new machine and nothing about fpc or lazarus was previously installed.

I have downloaded  fpc_3.0.0-151205_amd64.deb from source forge, and when I install it, I get :

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Preparing to unpack .../fpc_3.0.0-151205_amd64.deb ...Unpacking fpc (3.0.0) ...dpkg: error processing archive ......./fpc_3.0.0-151205_amd64.deb (--install): trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/fpc/3.0.0/samplecfg', which is also in package fp-compiler-3.0.0 3.0.0+dfsg-2dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
I do not understand what happens...  even after this message,  there is no /usr/lib/fpc directory.

Any idea ? Thanks !

marcov:
Are you installing as root, or as local user?  a $PREFIX/fpc directory is normal for global (as root) installs.

Also it seems you already have a FPC installed (    3.0.0+dfsg-2)

tintinux:
Thanks for your reply;

Yes, I'm installing as root. I run the .deb and synaptic asks for the root password.
I have done this many times, successfully, when it was the stable version and not existing in the Ubuntu repository.

I have only a message saying this is not the latest version (see below), and I acknowledge..

I do not understand what you mean by : a $PREFIX/fpc directory is normal for global (as root) installs.

I have checked that fpc and lazarus checkboxes are unchecked in synaptic, and as I said there is no /usr/lib/fpc directory before the installation attempt, and not more afterwards.  There is also no /usr/share/fpc or /usr/bin/fpc.

After this attempt, I tried also to install fpc and lazarus from Ubuntu 16.04 software repository, since it seems to be the release I need (same version, although said as more recent...).
The install is done without error.
A at the first run, Lazarus says that it don't find fpc.
I select  /usr/bin/fpc which exists now.
But then I have after that always the error message :

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---There is no Free Pascal Compiler (e.g. fpc or ppc<cpu>) configured in the environment options. Codetools will not work properly.Project's compiler: "/usr/bin/fpc-3.0.0": unknown file nameEnvironment compiler: "/usr/bin/fpc-3.0.0": unknown file name

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---$ ls -l /usr/bin/fpc*lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      21 sept.  3 18:28 /usr/bin/fpc -> /etc/alternatives/fpc-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  430504 janv. 30  2016 /usr/bin/fpc-3.0.0lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      29 sept.  3 18:28 /usr/bin/fpc-depends -> /etc/alternatives/fpc-depends-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    1602 janv. 30  2016 /usr/bin/fpc-depends-3.0.0-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  909968 janv. 30  2016 /usr/bin/fpcjres-3.0.0lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      30 sept.  9 15:18 /usr/bin/fpclasschart -> /etc/alternatives/fpclasschart-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1173008 janv. 30  2016 /usr/bin/fpclasschart-3.0.0lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      25 sept.  9 15:18 /usr/bin/fpcmake -> /etc/alternatives/fpcmake-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  863984 janv. 30  2016 /usr/bin/fpcmake-3.0.0-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1101160 janv. 30  2016 /usr/bin/fpcmkcfg-3.0.0lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      24 sept.  3 18:28 /usr/bin/fpcres -> /etc/alternatives/fpcres-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  917536 janv. 30  2016 /usr/bin/fpcres-3.0.0lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      26 sept.  9 15:18 /usr/bin/fpcsubst -> /etc/alternatives/fpcsubst-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  713600 janv. 30  2016 /usr/bin/fpcsubst-3.0.0
so, fpc is there  (although I don't understand the reason of the link to /etc/alternatives), but however, I can't run it :

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---$ /etc/alternatives/fpcError: ppcx64 can't be executed, error message: Failed to execute "ppcx64", error code: 127
Same with sudo.

Thanks for you help !

Thaddy:
the binary should end up in /usr/local/lib/fpc/3.0.4  and needs a symlink to /usr/local/bin

tintinux:
Hi

3.0.4, are you sure ?  I'm trying to install 3.0.0.

However, there is nothing related to fpc in /usr/local after the two attempts (from the sourceforge deb, and from Ubuntu repository).

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version