Recent

Author Topic: Windows in IDE 1.8 RC 4 not re-sizable  (Read 2520 times)

ATweaker

Windows in IDE 1.8 RC 4 not re-sizable
« on: August 28, 2017, 07:43:48 pm »
Dear All,
Even though I am already following this forum for some time, I only today registered myself to be able to post a question. I am not quite sure where to address my question, therefore I post it in the beginners section.
I am using 1.8 RC4 and my problem is that several windows are not re-sizable. As an example I have attached the project wizard, but it is also with the settings. This way it is quite difficult to work with Lazarus and that is a pity. My question therefore is where I can bring this issue forward so it can be fixed?

thanks in advance,
Arie

Ondrej Pokorny

Re: Windows in IDE 1.8 RC 4 not re-sizable
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:43:08 pm »
I assume you use Lazarus with Gtk2 [?]

Please test the 1_8_fixes branch, there are bug fixes regarding Gtk2 and application scaling. See http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.8_fixes_branch, SVN:
 svn+ssh://svn.freepascal.org/FPC/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_1_8

ATweaker

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 09:36:58 pm »
I am using the latest OpenSuSE Leap version 42.3, so I assume I am using GTK-3. Nevertheless I checked and I have both installed. Tomorrow I will check the links you provided me, thank you very much. I will get back with the results.

Cheers,
Arie

ATweaker

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 02:08:46 pm »
I replaced OpenSuSE Gnome with KDE, problem is completely gone. Apparently there is also scaling problem in GTK-3. Nevertheless I am now released from this problem.

Thanks for the tip!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018