Recent

Author Topic: How do i cross-compile and debug linux program under windows  (Read 3366 times)

eric1104

How do i cross-compile and debug linux program under windows
« on: August 29, 2017, 05:38:52 am »
How do i  cross-compile and debug   linux program  under windows

molly

Re: How do i cross-compile and debug linux program under windows
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 06:45:27 am »
There is a wiki-entry for that but that doesn't tell you very much (do read the build-faq though).

That paragraph also links to fpcup (renamed into fpcdeluxe), and while that isn't working for you (other thread) there is a nice table here which tells something about the requirements. Which files that are exactly depends on your linux distro/platform.

For remote debugging you can perhaps try this wiki-entry.

Wrong subforum btw, and it would be convenient to know if you're only want to use fpc or also lazarus.

Note that it is very inconvenient to cross-compile from Windows to Linux because of the required libraries (which you would have to copy from your Linux distro over to your windows machine). It becomes h*ll if you also want to target a specific GUI for Linux. In short: non advisable.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 06:46:34 am »
I do not use Windows. But I think it will be easier to install VirtualBox + Linux, both are free. The only disadvantages I know are your computer becomes slower when running VirtualBox and some graphics features (3D, OpenGL, etc) are not supported.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VirtualBox

molly

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 07:00:24 am »
Indeed Handoko. Using virtualization software is much more convenient.

Nowadays computers are fast enough and most processors nowadays have special support for virtualization. 3D or accelerated graphics can be supported as long as there is a extention pack that supports the platform.

Wosi

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:56:47 am »
I'm curious, has anyone already tried to install Lazarus on the Windows Subsystem for Linux? I guess compiling Linux binaries via Windows Bash should be possible and easy to set up.
Has anyone experience with a setup like this?

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus

TinyPortal © 2005-2018