Recent

Author Topic: Donate to FPC  (Read 2995 times)

spigor

Donate to FPC
« on: August 28, 2017, 02:33:31 pm »
I would like to donate to FPC. I only found instructions on how to donate to Lazarus. Is there a way to donate FPC directly?

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
Re: Donate to FPC
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 04:50:15 pm »
I believe you have to do it via the Free Pascal Foundation.

https://foundation.freepascal.org/donations

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

kupferstecher

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 07:46:14 pm »
Wasn't there a discussion lately here on the forum that the foundation is a third party an isn't related to the FreePascal/Lazarus developers?

howardpc

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 08:01:11 pm »
Wasn't there a discussion lately here on the forum that the foundation is a third party an isn't related to the FreePascal/Lazarus developers?

Certainly there was a recent discussion here about the Free Pascal and Lazarus Foundation.
Michael van Canneyt, one of the trustees is a Free Pascal developer of long standing.
Detlef Overbeek, one of the trustees, has devoted the last 20 years or so to promoting Pascal, publishing a periodical and books about Pascal and organising Pascal user groups and conferences, some focused on Free Pascal and Lazarus, and some focused on Delphi.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 08:15:18 pm »
It was partly wrong information from myself and Maciej.
It is good to donate to the foundation. They now concentrate in sponsoring code projects, at least the Pascal <-> JavaScript converter.
My hope is to have more PR work and visibility but I realize it requires work from skilled people.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

kupferstecher

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 10:04:52 pm »
It's good to know and thats its clarified.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018