Recent

Author Topic: TMS FNC UI Pack v2.0 released with a new Office-inspired ribbon  (Read 10999 times)

tmssoftware

We're pleased to announce the availability of TMS FNC UI Pack v2.0.0.0 with a new ribbon style toolbar component.
http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsfncuipack.asp?s=fncribbon#features

New: TMS FNC Ribbon
  • Based on a set of existing fully-featured FNC components
  • Office-inspired ribbon
  • Multiple pre-defined themes with custom theming capabilities
  • Optionally collapsible / floating pages
  • Shortcut hints
  • Extensible quick access toolbar
  • HTML caption
  • Auto-layout page toolbar with multiple toolbar controls
  • Designed for desktop use only (Windows (FMX, VCL, LCL), Mac (FMX) and Linux (LCL))
  • Separator TTMSFNCRibbonForm with system menu following form settings, such as Caption, BorderIcons, ...

Supported frameworks and platforms
  • VCL Win32/Win64
  • FMX Win32/Win64, MacOS-X
  • LCL Win32/Win64, Linux

Supported IDE's
  • Delphi XE7 and C++ Builder XE7 or newer releases
  • Lazarus 1.4.4 with FPC 2.6.4 or newer official releases
You can download the trial version from our website:
https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsfncuipack.asp

---
Kind regards,
Nancy Lescouhier
TMS software team

taazz

Re: TMS FNC UI Pack v2.0 released with a new Office-inspired ribbon
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 04:13:49 pm »
looks really good!
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

Groffy

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 04:19:49 pm »
I was waiting for this! This package is amazing powerful
Linux Mint / Windows 10 / Lazarus 3.0.0 / trunk -qt

edwinyzh

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 09:04:03 am »
I just noticed the drawing of the tabs of this package is already anti-aliased, that's great and there is no show-stopper for me now :D

Do you have a compiled EXE demo for download? The one I checked isn't very eye pleasing on my computer, so I want to check it again. Thanks.

tmssoftware

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 11:54:23 am »
You can download the compiled EXE demo from this link:
http://www.tmssoftware.net/public/DemoFNCRibbon.zip

strider

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 12:21:44 pm »
Is the ribbon bar Windows/Linux only - or does it support MacOS with LCL?

Mocte

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 05:30:07 pm »
Looks nice indeed, I tested the demo on a Windows 7 VM and this is what I am seeing :

- Starting the demo takes ages, I mean more than 30 seconds to have the window visible
- Maximizing/restoring the windows has a noticeable delay
- Changing selected tab is also slow

Other than that the demo looks really nice.

Don't know others experience but I would like to know if you are experiencing the slowness and of course more details on how this demo was created Delphi?
 Lazarus+FPC?  Firemonkey? VCL? LCL?

taazz

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 06:20:15 pm »
Looks nice indeed, I tested the demo on a Windows 7 VM and this is what I am seeing :

- Starting the demo takes ages, I mean more than 30 seconds to have the window visible
not in my windows 7 64bit. it starts normally no delays. I would check the VM if I where you.
- Maximizing/restoring the windows has a noticeable delay
- Changing selected tab is also slow
nope no delay a lot of quirky behavior but no delay. I'm guessing this can be adjusted by the programmer so there is not reason for worries.

Other than that the demo looks really nice.

Don't know others experience but I would like to know if you are experiencing the slowness and of course more details on how this demo was created Delphi?
 Lazarus+FPC?  Firemonkey? VCL? LCL?

sorry running on a properly installed windows 7 there are no delays, there is weird behavior in the demo, if I'm not mistaken it can be changed by the end user, as for the exe goes, the signature says delphi 4.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Mocte

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 09:56:34 pm »
I would check the VM if I where you.

I have to admit, it is a constrained VM; windows 7 64 bits with only 2Gb RAM (700Mb free), but I can run Lazarus trunk, Chrome, IE and other applications without a hitch  so I don't think is a problem with the VM, this demo I supose should be very, very simple and light, I am not able to see why could start slow than e.g Lazarus

Tomorrow I will try increasing RAM but I have customers  whose  workstations has similar configs so I have this VM configured as is on purpose, hosting this VM on a Macbook Pro retina display early 2013 (ssd) i7, 16Gb RAM, and if these components are resource hungry then they are a no no for me

taazz

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 02:47:45 pm »
I would check the VM if I where you.

I have to admit, it is a constrained VM; windows 7 64 bits with only 2Gb RAM (700Mb free), but I can run Lazarus trunk, Chrome, IE and other applications without a hitch  so I don't think is a problem with the VM, this demo I supose should be very, very simple and light, I am not able to see why could start slow than e.g Lazarus

Tomorrow I will try increasing RAM but I have customers  whose  workstations has similar configs so I have this VM configured as is on purpose, hosting this VM on a Macbook Pro retina display early 2013 (ssd) i7, 16Gb RAM, and if these components are resource hungry then they are a no no for me
its clear you have more testing to do I would suggest to run the demo on one of your client's pc directly and see how that fairs. It is possible that some hardware set ups might be problematic. I still think that your VM is the problem but I can't speak for what I haven't see or test so I have to accept your word for it.

paweld

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 03:29:16 pm »
Ribbon demo:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8oGHS_Erg4wb2NpOE1EdTMwa2c - Lazarus 1.8rc4/fpc3.0.4rc1_x64 - linux
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8oGHS_Erg4wZDhXV3dfLUtvLVE - Lazarus trunk/fpc3.0.4rc1_x86 - windows
Best regards / Pozdrawiam
paweld

Mocte

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 07:19:29 pm »
I tested tweaking the shared video memory of the VM, it had 256 MB, these were the results :

With  256 MB, startup time: 34 seconds
With  512 MB, startup time: 10 seconds
With  768 MB, startup time: 10 seconds
With  1024 MB, startup time: 10 seconds

So there is a benefit increasing video memory but 10 seconds are still slow for a demo like this.

Changing tabs was better but still noticeable.
Maximizing now is Fast
Restoring window has still a noticeable delay repainting the title.

I can of course test with a customer, but I'm not optimistic after seeing the numbers that the results will be any better, I'll report back then; What worries me the most are the customers using windows terminal server but then again I need to test, I really like the components and the work TMS is doing supporting Lazarus and I'll gladly buy them but these demos are the only way I have to test, they don't have a Lazarus trial, and the Delphi trial is for XE7 onwards.

Thank you for your feedback

Mocte

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 07:33:12 pm »
Ribbon demo:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8oGHS_Erg4wb2NpOE1EdTMwa2c - Lazarus 1.8rc4/fpc3.0.4rc1_x64 - linux
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8oGHS_Erg4wZDhXV3dfLUtvLVE - Lazarus trunk/fpc3.0.4rc1_x86 - windows

paweld That was kind of you, I tested both demos, and as I thought the slowness has nothing to do with the VM settings, your compiled demo runs flawlessly with my initial VM config (256 MB shared video memory), startup is almost instantaneous and no noticeable delays whatsoever, perhaps compiler optimizations ?  I don't know but what is evident is the components can be fast, very good !

Thank you paweld and taazz

mtournay

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 09:22:35 am »
Hi
Did you test your components on dual screen ?

when I move the main windows on my second screen (at the right of the main screen), some component are drawn on the main screen :

• close ribbon
  • move to second screen
  • open ribbon (home button) -> the ribbon is drawn on main screen

and

use color theme selector : the list is drawn on the main screen

My configuration
W10home 64b, main monitor 1920x1080 + second screen on the right 1280x1024
CPU : amd phenom x4 945 embedded video : the demo is slow to draw and there's lag when moving the window !

oh the window is not responding to windows keyboard shortcut win+left / win+right and neither cannot be stick to screen border with mouse

but it looks great :)

regards
laz 2.06 32b - fpc 3.04 32b - win10 64b

tmssoftware

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 10:36:18 am »
Is the ribbon bar Windows/Linux only - or does it support MacOS with LCL?

Supported frameworks and platforms are:
- VCL Win32/Win64
- FMX Win32/Win64, MacOS-X
- LCL Win32/Win64, Linux

Currently there is no Mac support on LCL.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018