Author Topic: Prospectus for a Lazarus Forum TV show  (Read 616 times)

user5

Prospectus for a Lazarus Forum TV show
« on: August 11, 2017, 10:03:31 pm »
    You know, it occurred to me that we programmers could have our own TV show on YouTube with a regular human host. Not me, for sure. One of you. It could focus on using Lazarus, Delphi, Free Pascal and this forum to make programs but it could also include human interest material and stuff from the past, present and future. Technology would also be a big focus.
    It could all be done entirely over the Web to make Mp4s for upload to YouTube. Mp4s work the best.
    Everything is already in place.
    Though my own personal current 4th show has some good stuff, some parts of it could have been done better but I've taken steps to make sure that the 5th is perfect, including remaking the opening credits as well as having super overall quality. The current opening sequence, from which all subsequent MPGs and MP4s are made for the show, is now a crystal clear AVI movie.
    Just a passing idea. It Maybe it's not do-able but at least the idea has been mentioned.
    I need the posting points anyway, heh, heh.
    I'm also adding new features to VirtualU all the time. Lazarus made VirtualU, which made the show.

Phil

Re: Prospectus for a Lazarus Forum TV show
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 10:33:35 pm »
    Just a passing idea. It Maybe it's not do-able but at least the idea has been mentioned.

That may be way beyond the level of organization here. Consider that it's been 2.5 years since any of the Laz owners blogged here.

I would guess many readers here have basic reading comprehension of English, but maybe not listening comprehension (or verbal English skills suitable for a show). VirtualU does support subtitling, though, right? That would help.

I would say if someone has something to say that they feel needs to be said on camera, just do it. I used to do voice-over videos using screen capture software (Screenium for Mac), but I got the impression that no one ever looked at them.

coradi

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 10:17:39 pm »
I like the Idea :-)
By the way..is there any diagram where I can see how many Downloads from LAzarus oder how many Users logged into the Forum in this year ans last..over month?
Can I see, that Lazarus has more or less users in the last 3 years?

howardpc

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 10:44:46 pm »
By the way..is there any diagram where I can see how many Downloads from LAzarus oder how many Users logged into the Forum in this year ans last..over month?
Can I see, that Lazarus has more or less users in the last 3 years?

There is a Stats sidebar for the forum on the right below "Recent".
Click on (the emboldened) "Stats" header to open a statistics page.
It does not have all the information you ask about, but there is historical data in the bottom pane.

For the last few years roughly 100-200 new people have been joining each month.
Lazarus/FPC is not hugely popular, but its fanbase is growing steadily.
Perhaps there are stats somewhere for those who visit and view discussions without ever joining.
Sourceforge has stats for downloads... but these only give a small part of the picture, since there are many other ways to download both sources and binaries, and various other sites and mirrors offering FPC/Lazarus stuff.

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus