Recent

Author Topic: [Resolved] Anchor Docking  (Read 8572 times)

anark10n

[Resolved] Anchor Docking
« on: August 09, 2017, 03:09:02 pm »
Hey there.

So I'm new to Lazarus and I'm trying to install Anchor Docking, but haven't met with success with any of the few tutorials that I've found. And most are dealing with older versions. I'm using the version 1.6.4 of Lazarus and V0.6 of Anchor Docking. It fails at the installation stage after I have selected the package from the install folder. There is no installation option whether I compile or not.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:24:55 pm by anark10n »

Pascal

Re: Anchor Docking
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 03:30:17 pm »
Have look:
laz trunk x64 - fpc trunk i386 (cross x64) - Windows 10 Pro x64 (21H2)

anark10n

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 05:56:56 pm »
Ah, I forgot to mention I'm on Arch Linux, not Windows. Sorry.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 07:14:37 pm »
You don't install "AnchorDocking".
You install "AnchorDockingDsgn".

Many package are split, and have a *Dsgn that is for installation into the IDE.

Pascal

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 07:53:58 am »
Ah, I forgot to mention I'm on Arch Linux, not Windows. Sorry.

It's the same on other operating systems, though it does not exactly look the same!
And as Martin wrote: Use "AnchorDockingDsgn".
laz trunk x64 - fpc trunk i386 (cross x64) - Windows 10 Pro x64 (21H2)

anark10n

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 07:24:38 pm »
Guess it's problem with the software package itself then, because there's no AnchorDockingDsgn in the "components/anchordocking" directory, only AnchorDocking. Thanks for the assistance.

munair

• compiler developer @SharpBASIC
    • SharpBASIC
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 09:56:30 am »
Guess it's problem with the software package itself then, because there's no AnchorDockingDsgn in the "components/anchordocking" directory, only AnchorDocking. Thanks for the assistance.
No, there is: /usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/components/anchordocking/design

However, I also get an error when trying to compile the package into the IDE. When trying to install from the package list I get the following message after hitting the recompile IDE button:

lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find anchordockingdsgn used by Lazarus. Check if package AnchorDockingDsgn creates anchordockingdsgn.ppu, check nothing deletes this file and check that no two packages have access to the unit source.

So I tried to load the package manually Package -> Open Package File... and install it from there. After being prompted to rebuild the IDE I get the same error.

Indeed the ppu file does not seem to be created. One reason I could think of is that compilation is against Qt4 on KDE. Could that be the problem?

The error occurs on a default Lazarus installation.
keep it simple

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 10:45:17 am »
However, I also get an error when trying to compile the package into the IDE. When trying to install from the package list I get the following message after hitting the recompile IDE button:
lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find anchordockingdsgn used by Lazarus. Check if package AnchorDockingDsgn creates anchordockingdsgn.ppu, check nothing deletes this file and check that no two packages have access to the unit source.
You may have mixed sources. The error message is misleading. It finds the file but it is wrong version.
You should start with a single Lazarus version. Later when you know what you are doing you can have more.

So I tried to load the package manually Package -> Open Package File... and install it from there. After being prompted to rebuild the IDE I get the same error.
Does the package compile?

Indeed the ppu file does not seem to be created. One reason I could think of is that compilation is against Qt4 on KDE. Could that be the problem?
Yes it is created but into a local config dir under your home dir, normally ~/.lazarus. That's because the original source dir is write-protected.
Qt4 has no effect here. It could only cause a linker error later if the QtPas libs are not found.
BTW, remember to use "startlazarus" for starting once you get the compilation right.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

munair

• SharpBASIC
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 11:58:19 am »
You may have mixed sources. The error message is misleading. It finds the file but it is wrong version.
You should start with a single Lazarus version. Later when you know what you are doing you can have more.

I don't think I mixed sources. This is from a fresh install. I went directly to the package list and tried to install the package.

Does the package compile?

The only file I see is AnchorDockingDsgn.compiled in the home directory under /home/frank/.lazarus/lib/AnchorDockingDsgn/lib/x86_64-linux. It's a XML file with the following content:
Code: XML  [Select][+][-]
  1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  2. <CONFIG>
  3.   <Compiler Value="/usr/bin/fpc" Date="1497114828"/>
  4.   <Params Value=" -MObjFPC -Scghi -Cg -O1 -g -gl -l -vewnhibq -Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/packager/units/x86_64-linux -Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/components/lazutils/lib/x86_64-linux -Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/lcl/units/x86_64-linux -Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/lcl/units/x86_64-linux/qt -Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/components/lazcontrols/lib/x86_64-linux/qt -Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/components/ideintf/units/x86_64-linux/qt -Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/components/anchordocking/lib/x86_64-linux -Fu/usr/lib/lazarus/1.6.2/components/anchordocking/design/ -FU/home/frank/.lazarus/lib/AnchorDockingDsgn/lib/x86_64-linux -dLCL -dLCLqt anchordockingdsgn.pas"/>
  5.   <Complete Value="False" MainPPUExists="False"/>
  6. </CONFIG>

Yes it is created but into a local config dir under your home dir, normally ~/.lazarus. That's because the original source dir is write-protected.

Yes I know, see the location I just pointed to.

Qt4 has no effect here. It could only cause a linker error later if the QtPas libs are not found.
BTW, remember to use "startlazarus" for starting once you get the compilation right.

OK, so we can rule out that possibility then.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 12:06:39 pm by Munair »
keep it simple

munair

• SharpBASIC
Re: [Resolved] Anchor Docking
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 12:19:56 pm »
I tried to manually compile the file in the console with the same arguments as provided by the xml file. It says cannot open the file, even though the correct path is in the parameter list. See screenshot.
keep it simple

munair

• SharpBASIC
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 01:23:21 pm »
Because this issue isn't solved for me, I created a new thread: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,38790.0.html
keep it simple

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 01:54:52 pm »
Because this issue isn't solved for me, I created a new thread:
Why a new thread? As you mentioned this is not solved yet.

munair

• SharpBASIC
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 01:59:15 pm »
Because this issue isn't solved for me, I created a new thread:
Why a new thread? As you mentioned this is not solved yet.
Because the title says "RESOLVED" and I cannot change that.
keep it simple

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 02:02:10 pm »
Ok, right, the thread was not started by you. 😀

TinyPortal © 2005-2018