Recent

Author Topic: IDE Layout  (Read 4101 times)

BLL

IDE Layout
« on: August 14, 2017, 05:23:02 pm »
I have returned to using fpc3/Lazarus 1.7 and I can't fathom what has happened to the screen display!

I now have the Object Inspector permanently on the left and can't toggle it to appear/disappear.
I have a listbox of component names on the right hand side and can't find any way to get rid of it.
All the windows have lost their min/max/close icons and can't be dragged.
I have looked through the umpteen options but I don't follow a lot of them.

How do I get it back to a useful IDE please?

In frustration.

Brian

fpc 3.0, lazarus 1.7 on RasPi 3 jessie

avra

• Additional info
Re: IDE Layout
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 09:09:26 pm »
Try to go to Tools / Options / Environment / Docking - AnchorDocking and put all checkboxes to ON. This should give you ability to right click on each window and check/uncheck locked, docked and other options.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

BLL

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 10:57:26 pm »
Hi
Thanks for the suggestion. Most were already ticked but I have ticked the rest but things still aren't right.
For example, I can't resize the designer window; I can't close or hide the messages window either.

It's making development impossible as this app uses screen sized windows and I can only see a tiddly bit at a time. It's driving me up the wall!!

Brian

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 01:07:20 am »
I can't resize the designer window; I can't close or hide the messages window either.
First backup Lazarus and it's settings. Then locate your environmentoptions.xml file in settings directory and rename it. Did it help? If it did and you want to restore your other old settings then study and play with this xml file.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

BLL

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 01:04:48 pm »
Thanks - I will try that.

Brian

BLL

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 01:30:49 pm »
Hi again

Just before doing what you suggest, I had another play and the culprit is window docking,. which seems the default!
If I undock a window, it reverts to "normal" behaviour but this is not remembered when you next open lazarus.

Is there any way to banish docking entirely? I see no point in it whatsoever and don't want it!

Brian

Josh

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 01:48:30 pm »
Hi

have you tried uninstalling the docking package?

Package>-Install/Uninstall Package.

I uninstall it myself, as I find it messes with workflow and my own screen layout across multiple monitors.
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

BLL

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 06:02:03 pm »
Hi
The only package mentioning docking was sparta_dockedformeditor. Uninstalling it has done nothing obvious and I am still plagued by docking!!

Brian

TinyPortal © 2005-2018