Recent

Author Topic: How to build programs for more than one platform on a single computer?  (Read 3062 times)

Benoni_Edin

I'm developing a program to be run under Windows and MacOS. Lazarus is indeed an amazing tool for this. And the program works well on both.

I share the project via DropBox on one Windows 7 machine and one MacOS machine. For now, I have to go between the computers and compile the Windows-version on the PC and the MacOS-version on the Mac.

By mistake I can create both versions on my PC  or my Mac and Lazarus seems happy with doing that but the MacOS-version won't work if created on my PC and vice versa. Morever, when this happens, I actually have to recompile the Lazarus IDE on the other computer (at least, that solves the problem I get into when making this mistake).

I hope someone knows how to create the necessary files in separate folders and how to make Lazarus access the proper folders depending on the "Build mode".

Is this possible? And if so, what steps do I have to take to make it work on both the PC and the Mac?

Phil

Re: How to build programs for more than one platform on a single computer?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 09:33:32 pm »
Is this possible? And if so, what steps do I have to take to make it work on both the PC and the Mac?

Well, there's this:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cross_compiling

But I would not recommend that for solving the problem you describe. You will spend far more time trying to get it set up than you will ever save.

If you just want to be able to do it on the same machine, install Windows in the free Virtual Box on you Mac (if your Windows license permits that). Or remote into your Windows machine via Microsoft's Remote Desktop for Mac (on Apple store).

Trenatos

• MarcusFernstrom.com
Re: How to build programs for more than one platform on a single computer?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 05:28:20 pm »
fpcupdeluxe

I set up my mac to crosscompile to both Linux and Windows using it, easy peasy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018