Recent

Author Topic: Graphical rendering Windows/Mac OS  (Read 2123 times)

GillesH

Graphical rendering Windows/Mac OS
« on: July 31, 2017, 04:01:59 pm »
Hello,

I decided to retest Lazarus mac os in its version Cocoa, the other does not interest me.
I have used for this the bases of a project developed in Qt. In Qt, there is virtually no difference in the display of components between the different OS.

With LCL, differences in rendering between  mac OS and Windows are important.
  • The ToolBar mac does not support transparency.
  • For scrollbars, I guess this is a bug in the Cocoa version
  • For TBitBtn, I do not understand such a display. I prefer the Mac version. But there should be a minimum of harmonization.
  • The most serious in my opinion is the management of the fonts :
     I have preserved the default fonts. In Windows, Font of TBitBtn.caption = Font of Tlabel.caption but not in Mac ! This will greatly complicate portage...

Also note that I can not develop under the Cocoa version. My components on the Form of the IDE do not accept to be moved with the mouse. %)

Regards. Gilles
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:12:46 pm by GillesH »

Phil

Re: Graphical rendering Windows/Mac OS
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 04:08:57 pm »
  • The ToolBar mac does not support transparency.
  • For scrollbars, I guess this is a bug in the Cocoa version
  • For TBitBtn, I do not understand such a display. I prefer the Mac version. But there should be a minimum of harmonization.

Post bug reports for these. Please. Listing them here won't have any effect.

Also note that I can not develop under the Cocoa version. My components on the Form of the IDE do not accept to be moved with the mouse. %)

Do you mean an IDE that you compiled against the Cocoa widgetset? If so, yes, you'll need to use a Carbon-based IDE for the foreseeable future and just target Cocoa 32- or 64-bit for your apps.

GillesH

Re: Graphical rendering Windows/Mac OS
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 04:22:12 pm »
Hello Phil,

I do not know if it's worth using Carbon. Apple will quickly abandon it. I would prefer to bring up the bugs of Lazarus Cocoa ...
Anyway, it will be necessary to go to Cocoa or Lazarus is  following the ancestor Delphi ?

The problem is that with regard to the IDE, I already have an important list. And finally less for the LCL.

Regards. Gilles

TinyPortal © 2005-2018