Forum > General

Single Window Mode

(1/6) > >>

Tikani:
I have Lazarus IDE of 1.6.4 version. How can I make it to be single-windowed? This horrible bunch of little separate windows puts me out of temper. I have tried to install ceratin "Anchordockdesign" (or something with the similar name) package, but nothing changed + if I maximize code editor window and try to resize it via dragging an edge of it, IDE raises a strange WinLoop exception. Any suggestions?

RAW:
The easiest way would be to set the window position of all windows and then save it ...

Leledumbo:
Anchordockingdsgn only enables IDE windows to be dockable, the layout is totally up to you. There are some readily available layout here. I can send mine, too if you want. Mind you, it's my own taste which may not be everyone's taste.

xaskell:
Actually I noticed one thing.
I installed Anchordockingdsgn previously on latest stable Lazarus IDE 1.6.4.
And It looked like a total mess there honestly.  So I gived up and forgot about it.
Later I had one problem reported bug(My Form's size returned to default after I clickedon any component at Linux Mint).
Developers advised me to use newest release of Lazarus. I tested 1.8.0RC4. There are this problem gone.
So now I use 1.8.0RC4. And I installed Anchordockingdsgn. Here it looks quite good by default.
So I hope in next stable release of Lazarus everything will be ok.
I guess there should be option to do Lazarus Single Window(without any additional packages), like it is in Gimp for example

Leledumbo:

--- Quote from: xaskell on August 28, 2017, 06:28:42 am ---I guess there should be option to do Lazarus Single Window(without any additional packages), like it is in Gimp for example

--- End quote ---
Do you know that there's actually more than 1 package that enables docking IDE windows? ;)
Better let it be there as a package, don't kill the modularity, but make it pre-installed instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version