Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.8.0RC3 - IDE Editor - Cursor not visible - Raspberry Pi 3  (Read 10383 times)

ertank

Re: Lazarus 1.8.0RC3 - IDE Editor - Cursor not visible - Raspberry Pi 3
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 07:56:55 pm »
Hello,

@Martin_fr, I couldn't find available time to try. However, I also doubt that it will be much of a help. Will test as soon as I find some time though.

What I realize recently is, Editor tabs (unit names) can get focus and draw it very much like when a button get focus.

This kind of identification is not happening if editor cursor is invisible. Editor tabs also gets invisible focus if clicked or switched to.

This is really getting more and more annoying as I have to work on the device. It is hard to keep track when it gets lost as I have to focus on coding (time being not enough as usual).

I will share some more feedback here with updated OS (currently Jessie, will be Stretch) and updated Lazarus (will be 1.8.0RC5). Hardware will be same with one minor difference of it will be booting and completely running on a fast USB stick this time.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 08:05:43 pm »
I don't know about focus to tabs (though I think I saw that a long time before already).

About the caret. (I assume cursor = text cursor = caret).

This issue (well an issue with those symptoms) has occurred on various GTK systems. And a fix is in revision 55941. This is already included in RC5.

--
EDIT: only read the last post of you / didnt see I already mentioned this in this thread.
Anyway check RC5... maybe.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:07:42 pm by Martin_fr »

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 08:12:16 pm »
In case it is a focus issue (the editor only shows the caret, when focused).

If the editor thinks that it is not focused, then it would hide it.

There is a setting: Tools > Options > Editor > General: "Persistent cursor"

--
Edit
If it is a focus issue, then it needs to be reported as such (as then it is widgetset, not SynEdit).

If you compile with -dVerboseFocus and have the logfile (or output to console) then SynEdit will print when it get/looses focus.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:16:49 pm by Martin_fr »

ertank

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 10:35:54 pm »
I didn't have cursor invisible problem so far. I assume problem was that Source Editor was not thinking it has the focus and therefore no cursor drawn. Though, arrow keys or typing something triggers events and I could type or walk in code.

I believe that problem of "thinking not having focus" fixed somewhere between 1.8.0RC3 and 1.8.0.RC5 which introduced problem discussed in below thread.

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,38787.0.html

After new introduced problem is fixed (I am using bug tracker suggested patch now), everything seems to be fine and no more cursor not visible problem for me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018