Recent

Author Topic: Changing orientation of MainMenu  (Read 5902 times)

dietmar

Re: Changing orientation of MainMenu
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 07:29:31 pm »
Hi,

first, thank you all for the many replies and your efforts.

Indeed, changing the tablet behaviour did fix the issue for me - but it poses two questions:
1. Why do all other programs do show the menus correctly, despite the tablet setting?
2. Since this was experienced on a laptop and not a tablet - what could have changed the tablet settings?!?

Regards,
Dietmar
Lazarus 2.2.0RC1 with FPC 3.2.2 (32 Bit) on Windows10 (64Bit)

rvk

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 07:34:54 pm »
1. I tried a few programs (i.e. Notepad++, notepad) and they exhibited the same problem (menu right aligned and submenu on the left). So what programs did you test?

2. It could be that during installation Windows thought it was a tablet and set that option to right-handed. For me on a PC (and everybody else) the default is left-handed. It could also be that some other software set it to right-handed

dietmar

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 07:51:14 pm »
Hm, although my tablet setting was "wrong", Notepad++ displayed the menu correctly.
When I set the setting to right-handed also Notepad++ displayed the menus on the left side - setting it to left handed has the correct behaviour.

So, something must be happen on installation of Software, that menus are shown "left-handed" although the tablet setting is right-handed...?!?

I am confused.
Dietmar

rvk

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 08:02:40 pm »
That is indeed strange. So notepad++ displayed the menu correct when set to right-handed originally but when you set it to left-handed once and back to right-handed it also displayed it incorrectly?

Lazarus and notepad++ use the same Windows api to display the menu. (That's why you now see the same behavior for both). Why notepad++ initially wasn't effected by the right-handed seeing puzzles me too. But at least you now see consistent behavior after (re)setting it.

dietmar

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 08:04:28 pm »
That is indeed strange. So notepad++ displayed the menu correct when set to right-handed originally but when you set it to left-handed once and back to right-handed it also displayed it incorrectly?
Yes...

Dietmar

TinyPortal © 2005-2018