Recent

Author Topic: My 2nd Publicly Released App - TextBoard  (Read 6041 times)

taazz

Re: My 2nd Publicly Released App - TextBoard
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 04:06:38 pm »
Nice idea.
Also good to know I'm not the only one who saves snippets to text files !

Yeah... I like to work quickly. I hate typing the same thing over-and-oooovvvveeeerrrrrrr
I guess you have not discovered code templates yet?
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

pixelink

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 04:09:36 pm »
Nice idea.

Yeah... I like to work quickly. I hate typing the same thing over-and-oooovvvveeeerrrrrrr

I guess not... where is it?

However... I use my utility for other things... emails writing articles. etc etc
Can't Type - Forgetful - Had Stroke = Forgive this old man!
LAZ 2.2.0 •  VSSTUDIO(.Net) 2022 • Win10 • 16G RAM • Nvida GForce RTX 2060

taazz

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 04:10:57 pm »
Nice idea.

menu tools\code templates in the IDE. it has some serious power that can render the all snippets idea mute.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

pixelink

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 04:21:23 pm »
Nice idea.

menu tools\code templates in the IDE. it has some serious power that can render the all snippets idea mute.

Cool... great to know!!

But, still, I can't use that feature in my Html Editor or Word... so the utility is good for other programs!!
But, its good to know that I can have something for LAZ code, right in LAZ... nice!

taazz

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 04:32:27 pm »
Cool... great to know!!

But, still, I can't use that feature in my Html Editor or Word... so the utility is good for other programs!!
But, its good to know that I can have something for LAZ code, right in LAZ... nice!
the utility is good for laz too I never implied that it is not or not needed. its all about habit and comfort. I my self have written a similar one based on images. A stay on top window that show a resized image with no header or borders, have it there next to my code sometimes helps a lot and lets not forget my code librarian for my snippets.

pixelink

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 04:43:42 pm »
Cool... great to know!!

the utility is good for laz too I never implied that it is not or not needed. its all about habit and comfort. I my self have written a similar one based on images. A stay on top window that show a resized image with no header or borders, have it there next to my code sometimes helps a lot and lets not forget my code librarian for my snippets.

:D
LOL... you did say "make it obsolete... But, hey, I am not offended by the statement. I understood what you meant.
If the LAZ tool is better, then I won't need my app for programming within LAZ!!

We all need these little shortcuts!   8)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018