Recent

Author Topic: where is BGRABitmap  (Read 4020 times)

mtanner

where is BGRABitmap
« on: July 24, 2017, 05:16:42 pm »
I'm trying to start learning how to use BGRABitmap.  But I cannot find the units or packages that the tutorial refer to. Where do I find the libraries/units/packages/etc. that I need to start using BGABitmap?

taazz

Re: where is BGRABitmap
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 05:26:40 pm »
for lazarus 1.6.4 or newer there is a package called OPM(online package manager) that you can install and running it will give you access to known packages that you can install bgrabitmap is one of them. on older versions you have to download it your self the wiki page has all the information you need http://wiki.freepascal.org/BGRABitmap#Download
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

mtanner

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 10:55:23 pm »
I have installed Lax 1.6.4, but I cannot fine any refrernce to OPM in the list of packages available for install, or any likely sounding files in the Lazarus directories.

Also, I went to wiki.freepascal.org/BGRABitmap#Download, and the files available there were called "oldbgrab..." which sounds as though they are not current. Also there is LazPaint which I downloaded, but that complains that BGRAB.. files are not present.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm a bit hazy on packages and how to use them, and with what things are needed to get BGRABitmap installed and usable. I'm probably missing some small thing which is incredibly obvious to those more familiar with this. I'd appreciate bit of advice in simple words.

taazz

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 11:05:56 pm »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:01:30 am by taazz »
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 09:20:03 am »
Wait I think mtanner is correct. Here is the link to the zip files :

https://github.com/bgrabitmap/bgrabitmap/releases

I've added this link to the wiki.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:28:25 am by circular »
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

mtanner

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 09:58:00 am »
To taazz, my apologies if you think I did not read your comments properly - I would only say that you are probably mistaking my ignorance as inattention!

What threw me was the github page, which I had found. This presents a list of names at bottom left, and a download button over to the right. I assumed you had to pick a file first, so I clicked on a promising-sounding name. This of course took me off into the wilderness.

Having another go, being assured that the github page was what I need, I got the download for bgrabitmap and bgrabcontrols. I have fumbled my way through installing the packages, and can now get the test applications working. So I have what I need. Thanks for the help.

taazz

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 10:05:39 am »
To taazz, my apologies
No apologies are necessary I wasn't offended,  since it has been pointed out to me, I was unfair in my comments, I removed them in favor of a more friendly environment. Sorry for any inconvenience.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018