Author Topic: Problems with single window IDE after Lazarus 1.8 RC3 update  (Read 465 times)

carl_caulkett

Lazarus 1.8 RC3
macOS 10.12.5

Hello, I've just updated to 1.8 RC3 and in doing so, I have lost the single windowed IDE that I had set up. I've tried to reinstate it by installing the XML files from https://github.com/FlKo/LazarusDockedDesktops but it doesn't look the same as I had it before, which makes me think that I must have used some other design time package to achieve the single window, but I just cannot for the life of me remember which package that might have been. Can anyone shed some light on this mystery?

Thanks,
Carl

Thaddy

Re: Problems with single window IDE after Lazarus 1.8 RC3 update
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:37:07 am »
Install the AnchorDockingDesign package and rebuild lazarus from the IDE. (or after you've done that make useride if you are short on resources)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:39:43 am by Thaddy »
"Logically, no number of positive outcomes at the level of experimental testing can confirm a scientific theory, but a single counterexample is logically decisive."

carl_caulkett

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:03:53 am »
I've got AnchorDockingDesign installed, but the IDE definitely looks different. For example, the horizontal component palette is visible and cannot be permanently disabled. If I disable it in options, then it reappears next time I start Lazarus. I had a really good IDE layout before - I know this is only a release candidate but why do developers insist on making unnecessary changes which then break things?

wp

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 10:48:31 am »
If you want this to be fixed in the release version you should definitely write a bugtracker report, some developers don't read the forum regularly.
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.0.0 / Win32

carl_caulkett

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 02:33:16 pm »
If I disable it in options, then it reappears next time I start Lazarus.

You need to save your desktop: http://wiki.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Desktops

carl_caulkett

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 03:19:35 pm »
Doh! I should have thought of that. Thanks, Ondrej  :-[

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus