Recent

Author Topic: How to compile updates to FCL packages?  (Read 2679 times)

CCRDude

How to compile updates to FCL packages?
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:03:53 am »
I've recently worked on a TRegistry patch, and want to continue this a bit more comfortably.

Simply adding the path to the fcl folder to a Lazarus project works for a moment, but then causes havoc (others units depending on the changed unit can't be compiled, everything stops). Doesn't look like the intended way anyway :)

How is the regular procedure to update fcl packages?

• I went to the shell and into the folder and called fpcmake and make, but unit System wasn't found.
  • Calling make from the main fpcsrc folder doesn't give me an option to select single packages.
  • Building all from main fpcsrc folder requires 3.0.0, but then tells me there's nothing to be done for 'all'.

Before I try further and find something that works, but is way out of the regular way, could anyone describe what's the "official" method please?

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: How to compile updates to FCL packages?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:24:35 am »
I simply cd to source/packages/<whatever package I want to rebuild> and make, if system unit is not found then do the same to source/rtl folder (just make, no make install needed). If a lot of other packages require your changes, you can instead do make in source/packages to rebuild all packages.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018