Recent

Author Topic: Develop of TWebBrowser Component  (Read 19226 times)

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: Develop of TWebBrowser Component
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 12:53:33 pm »
Yup. Also not cross-platform if linux is not supported. Which it isn't.
Specialize a type, not a var.

tudi_x

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 01:06:00 pm »
tokyo supports linux at least as per their features matrix.
check 3rd line, enterprise

https://www.embarcadero.com/docs/rad-studio-feature-matrix.pdf

the web site edn still shows as per berlin.
Lazarus 2.0.2 64b on Debian LXDE 10

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 01:09:30 pm »

https://www.embarcadero.com/docs/rad-studio-feature-matrix.pdf

the web site edn still shows as per berlin.

Yeah, but they don't say "firemonkey support" for it. Server apps and standalone apps (whatever that may be).

And they only support two distros.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 01:15:56 pm »
Marco, he wants a webbrowser, cross platform, written in Object Pascal  and in less than ~100.000 lines of code. Full featured webbrowers have 1.000.000 lines of code or a lot more...
He is being silly.

At least we know how to use the bindings and forget about writing the whole shebang ourselves.
Specialize a type, not a var.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 01:26:14 pm »
No mention of TWebBrowser. Even when they do, what is the Linux native browser? Unless they really really think Ubuntu and Red Hat (which comes with several web browsers) only, uncustomized by user, then they might assume Firefox. But once user uninstalls Firefox, then the app will no longer work. In the end, at best they will do what fpCEF does: bundling the whole browser runtime packages, which if you do that now, your app is futureproof. The choice is yours.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 03:30:02 pm »
I have just searched the net and every modern web browser component I could find for java and c# at the end embeds one of the standard browsers.
I wonder why...  ::)
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

RAW

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 04:44:40 pm »
The main problem I see is the security problematic...
You cannot create your own browser and think you are done. I know a lot of security issues are depending on new features, but not all. You have to do all the testing yourself and that will never end... Much easier to use a Firefox browser for example even if this browser is not perfect...  :D

At least there is something you can do (*.cfg file, AddOns, about:config)...
Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

BitBitter

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 12:08:44 am »
Chrome seems to the popular bloated browser built in spyware for marketing.  I did search on it FPC and they do make one for it with the price

https://github.com/dliw/fpCEF3

SrIron is identical to chrome has same source code without the spyware.  Maybe FPC community should reach out to SrIron community to make standard component base on SrIron for FPC. 

Phil

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 12:28:19 am »
TWebBrowser is available for Lazarus Qt (4) and Cocoa widgetsets:

https://macpgmr.github.io/

It wraps the browser control provided by Qt and Cocoa.

See readme.txt file and example PasMap app for more.

RAW

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 12:34:27 am »
Chrome seems to the popular bloated browser built in spyware for marketing.
Spyware is almost everywhere: Free Email Account, Free Windows 10, Free Browser, Free Amazon Account, Free Handy.... They know what people do... who cares!...  :)
Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

BitBitter

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 01:09:15 am »
Too many moving parts to TwebBrowser.  If I had a crystal ball I won't see it all without losing sight of project.  However it may have merits in the future to integration local run app with remote server.

FPC just needs drop in component with modern features to start with for client browser.  Rest of would be nice feature as enhancement to make it standout.

Maybe two component can be made one for the Server and other one for the client.   :-\

Phil

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 01:15:31 am »
Too many moving parts to TwebBrowser.  If I had a crystal ball I won't see it all without losing sight of project.  However it may have merits in the future to integration local run app with remote server.

FPC just needs drop in component with modern features to start with for client browser.  Rest of would be nice feature as enhancement to make it standout.

Maybe two component can be made one for the Server and other one for the client.   :-\

Sorry, I don't follow what you're getting at. Maybe you could expand on it a bit, give some examples, be more specific.

BitBitter

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2017, 02:56:16 am »
Pretend we are using Gecko's  for understanding the process.  We just drop in the component into our project (hoping already built into FPC in next release).  All we have to do is change the properties to browse different sites.  The browsers will display, play sound, video correctly on cross platform as basic features properly compile as binary native to the target OS.

We don't have to spend endless time to figure out Geckos not support or version 2 doesn't work.  Or digging for documentation reading them only to find out thats no longer supported.   

Having these basic features in FPC as standard will build confident to explore other options.  Currently my mind is swimming in maze of dead end options that always comes with poisonous pill.   

I could see myself in future to use Twebbrowser for what it has to offer.  I won't invest anytime into without having basic feature available not support in the future.

BitBitter

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 05:24:33 am »
I have to agree with RAW.  spyware is everywhere maybe its easier to sell to the trend they are getting their information from other sources.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 11:56:51 am »
Chrome seems to the popular bloated browser built in spyware for marketing.  I did search on it FPC and they do make one for it with the price
https://github.com/dliw/fpCEF3
SrIron is identical to chrome has same source code without the spyware.  Maybe FPC community should reach out to SrIron community to make standard component base on SrIron for FPC.
You have mixed Chrome and Chromium. They are not the same. Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, Iron, Torch and may others are based on Chromium. Chrome is spying, Chromium is not spying. fpCEF3 is based on Chromium, so it is safe to use.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

TinyPortal © 2005-2018