Forum > Jobs

Develop of TWebBrowser Component

(1/7) > >>

tudi_x:
hi,
please advise if it would be possible to develop a TWebBrowser sort of component/package.
the component should be cross platform and the code would be open sourced and easily installed through a lpk approach.

please pm me with your offer and estimation for completion.

thank you

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: tudi_x on July 05, 2017, 10:17:08 am ---hi,
please advise if it would be possible to develop a TWebBrowser sort of component/package.
the component should be cross platform and the code would be open sourced and easily installed through a lpk approach.

please pm me with your offer and estimation for completion.

thank you

--- End quote ---
I need approximately 30 full time developers, 5 testers, two project managers and a budget for 2 years if that is within your limits.
I can't guarantee it is finished on time and on budget....

Just kidding, there are already many such packages available, like chromium, which has also pascal bindings.

tudi_x:
i do not need a 300 mb deployment like the chromium solution.

twebbrowser on delphi is adding around 8 mb and is a component you just stick on your project. that is what i think we need as community also.

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: tudi_x on July 05, 2017, 11:05:06 am ---i do not need a 300 mb deployment like the chromium solution.

twebbrowser on delphi is adding around 8 mb and is a component you just stick on your project. that is what i think we need as community also.

--- End quote ---

"twebbrowser on delphi is adding around 8 mb" is a blatant lie misunderstanding (that's the kind phrasing  >:D >:D) : That's just the Pascal COM bindings for the full internet explorer which is much bigger than chromium.
Chromium can be statically linked. Something that is not even possible with internet explorer, which is also not cross platform.

Writing a full cross platform feature complete TWebBrowser component is possible, but requires the resources I demanded as "kidding". It is the truth.
You can come close by using the chromium bndings. Don't be stupid! >:(

There are lightweight solutions available for HTML but those are NOT full featured webbrowsers.

tudi_x:
as said, a 300 mb deployment for the chromium resources does not fit my business model.

i currently do not have the skills to integrate with the chromium bindings.

as a note, your language is quite bad.
most probably the second project manager you would need is to just handle the bad communication with you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version