Recent

Author Topic: Font used in forum [Code] remarks  (Read 3513 times)

J-G

Font used in forum [Code] remarks
« on: July 09, 2017, 03:50:52 pm »
I've recently had an issue with my fonts (over 20k available!!) and took what I thought would be an easy solution to simply 'uninstall' the lot and reinstall those I really wanted to use.

All went pretty much as expected and most of the fonts I use regularly are reinstalled but I have an issue with the forum display where the text includes comments - either enclosed in {} or commencing //

The attached ScreenGrab.png should make the problem clear  -  I've annotated the problem text with what I can determine is what ought to show.

I'm certain that this is simply that I haven't re-installed the particular font that the forum uses but I also don't have any idea what it should be   -   does anyone?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:54:19 pm by J-G »
FPC 3.0.0 - Lazarus 1.6 &
FPC 3.2.2  - Lazarus 2.2.0 
Win 7 Ult 64

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: Font used in forum [Code] remarks
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 04:12:19 pm »
I inspected the css information, it should be monospace.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 04:21:25 pm »
Congratulations on the choice of font. That one really fits my age!  8-) O:-)
Specialize a type, not a var.

J-G

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 04:52:11 pm »
Courier New
Thanks Lainz,  I was hoping that you were wrong  :)   -  I'd made a point of excluding 'Courier' (any flavour) from my font list, as I had with 'Monospaced'  -  I wouldn't choose to use either under normal circumstances !

I have to surmise that Handoko actually meant 'not variable pitch' rather than giving the specific font name 'Monospace'.

Now I have allowed Courier New into my font list I can read the comments as well as the main text.  -  (without copying/pasting into NotePad)
Win 7 Ult 64

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 05:04:17 pm »
Is what the inspector says 'monospace', but don't say exactly the font used.

Edit: In Chrome settings there's by default 'Consolas', maybe the browser internally chooses between some of the fonts installed, if there's a missing one switch to another.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 05:06:50 pm by lainz »

J-G

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 05:23:01 pm »
Is what the inspector says 'monospace', but don't say exactly the font used.

Edit: In Chrome settings there's by default 'Consolas', maybe the browser internally chooses between some of the fonts installed, if there's a missing one switch to another.
I had looked at 'Inspector' before posing the question but couldn't see any reference that made sense.

I might have made an educated guess if the font used was obviously previous or following a mono-spaced font in the list but again couldn't make any sense of it.
Win 7 Ult 64

TinyPortal © 2005-2018