Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release Candidate 3 of 1.8  (Read 60556 times)

Eugene Loza

• My games in Pascal
Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 3 of 1.8
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 04:10:09 am »
Thanks a lot!!!  :D
Installed at Debian Jessie 64, everything is working. IDE rebuilds perfectly.
This issue still persists: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,37128.msg249998.html#msg249998 (however, it's not anywhere near being important).
My FOSS games in FreePascal&CastleGameEngine: https://decoherence.itch.io/ (Sources: https://gitlab.com/EugeneLoza)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 11:10:27 am »
This issue still persists: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,37128.msg249998.html#msg249998 (however, it's not anywhere near being important).
Yes, you must choose between the 2 bugs. Choose the one that bothers you less.
You can also use QT bindings which has no such bugs.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Eugene Loza

• My games in Pascal
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 11:12:25 am »
Yes, you must choose between the 2 bugs. Choose the one that bothers you less.
Yes, as I've already written, it's no problem at all at the moment. Just a note.
My FOSS games in FreePascal&CastleGameEngine: https://decoherence.itch.io/ (Sources: https://gitlab.com/EugeneLoza)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Package IndustrialStuff no more available ?
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 11:31:38 am »
In the folder components of this release (linux - lazarus-project_1.8.0RC3-0_amd64.deb) there is an industrialStuff folder but with only folders (no file). Is it normal ?
Is it there right after a clean installation? It should not be.
If you start a Lazarus binary with IndustrialStuff already installed, it may create the directory.

I have tried to install the package industrialStuff of the Lazarus CCR , it 's OK.
Yes, it was moved to CCR.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Jurassic Pork

Re: Package IndustrialStuff no more available ?
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 11:43:05 am »
hello
In the folder components of this release (linux - lazarus-project_1.8.0RC3-0_amd64.deb) there is an industrialStuff folder but with only folders (no file). Is it normal ?
Is it there right after a clean installation? It should not be.
If you start a Lazarus binary with IndustrialStuff already installed, it may create the directory.
thanks for the answer. Yes it's after a clean install but also after a not clean uninstall of an older version (hard way -> in french "à l'arrache")  :-[   .
Friendly, J.P
Jurassic computer : Sinclair ZX81 - Zilog Z80A à 3,25 MHz - RAM 1 Ko - ROM 8 Ko

jc99

• My private Site
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 06:28:45 pm »
Is it something new ?
I just clicked on a Drop-Down box, a accidentally moved the scroll-wheel.
Result :
OS: Win XP x64, Win 7, Win 7 x64, Win 10, Win 10 x64, Suse Linux 13.2
Laz: 1.4 - 1.8.4, 2.0
https://github.com/joecare99/public
'~|    /''
,_|oe \_,are
If you want to do something for the environment: Twitter: #reduceCO2 or
https://www.betterplace.me/klimawandel-stoppen-co-ueber-preis-reduzieren

T-Khan

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 03:09:50 pm »
That's a really nice work done in 1.8, but... Several default components, such as TPageControl, TEditButton, TComboBoxEx, still don't support Hi-DPI in terms that they do nothing with images I put inside them. For now, only TImage actually has some new properties for stretching. Is this planned to change in some future releases?

wp

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 07:50:05 pm »
Look at the attached project. It contains some experimental code of a TScaledImageList. The basic idea is as follows:
  • Put the same images into up to three imagelists of different sizes, eg. 16x16, 24x24, and 32x32 pixels. Attach these image lists to the SmallImages, MediumImages and LargeImages of the TScaledImageList.
  • Then you decide in which image size you are designing. Usually the menu images are 16x16 pixels at standard resolution of 96ppi. So, you specifiy BaseWidth and BaseHeight to be 16, and BasePixelsPerInch to be 96.
  • Link the ScaledImageList to the Images property of the control needing the images.
Now, when the program starts the ScaledImageList compares the current ppi with the BasePixelsPerInch, selects the imagelist for which the image size is closest to the scaled BaseWidth/BaseHeight. If an imagelist is found to match within some tolerance (10% ATM) its images are copied into the ScaledImageList. If not then the images of that best-matching imagelist are stretchdrawn into the ScaledImageList.

If, for example, the three image lists contain 16x16, 24x24 and 32x32 pixel icons, BaseWidth and BaseHeight are 16 and BasePixelsPerInch is 96, and the program runs on a 144 ppi screen (150%) then the 24x24 images will be selected. If the programs runs on a 96 ppi screen (100%), then the 16x16 images will be selected. On a 300% screen the 32x32 icons will be extrapolated to 48x48. The quality of the extrapolation (and interpolation if no match is found between the input sizes) depends on the pixel interpolation method which can be controlled by means of the corresponding property - it selects one of the methods provided by fpc in fp-image.

ASwedans

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 11:55:35 am »
thank you very much.

when will you release the stable 1.8.0 ?

M+AUDIO

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 01:45:28 pm »
Look at the attached project. It contains some experimental code of a TScaledImageList. The basic idea is as follows:
  • Put the same images into up to three imagelists of different sizes, eg. 16x16, 24x24, and 32x32 pixels. Attach these image lists to the SmallImages, MediumImages and LargeImages of the TScaledImageList.
  • Then you decide in which image size you are designing. Usually the menu images are 16x16 pixels at standard resolution of 96ppi. So, you specifiy BaseWidth and BaseHeight to be 16, and BasePixelsPerInch to be 96.
  • Link the ScaledImageList to the Images property of the control needing the images.
Hi,
Talking about Glyph's,
Someday I came up with the same idea, but not as far as you (screenshot attached). sure it works.
But, exporting with different DPI's in the first place consumes a lot of time. Especially when there are lots of glyph's.
Cant't standard TImageList have those scaling abilities built-in? so we can have our ImageList with our hi-res data stored, and then the ImageList provides a well down-scaled copy of it at runtime without affecting original data?

My wish list:
It would be very nice If there was a TVectorImageList or TVecorGlyphList etc with methods to get its vectors in bitmap at desired size. and even possibly retouch them (hue, brightness, contrast etc).

btw, Where can I find unit ScaledImageList used by your example project? I'm using trunk. thanks.

T-Khan

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 03:58:58 pm »
On higher DPIs TEditButton grows wrong. On 200% total width (Button + Edit) is OK but Button itself grows twice of size it needed to be (therefore Edit becomes narrower than needed).
P.S. Probably should report this to Mantis.

RAW

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 10:27:09 pm »
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place, but I get an error only in LAZARUS RC3 FPC 3.0.2.
SIGSEGV only in DEBUG mode, no problem if set to RELEASE mode and only if I click on the bitmap-window (layered window).
I need somebody who can read ASM...  :)

If I use LAZARUS 1.6.4. FPC 3.0.2 then there is no problem at all (RELEASE and DEBUG mode).

BTW: I used BGRABitmap 9.5 github master..
Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

howardpc

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 10:33:13 pm »
The CallStack debug window (Ctrl-Alt-S) would give you more useful information - hopefully the line number of the offending procedure, so you can single-step and watch values etc.

wp

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 10:48:17 pm »
On higher DPIs TEditButton grows wrong. On 200% total width (Button + Edit) is OK but Button itself grows twice of size it needed to be (therefore Edit becomes narrower than needed).
P.S. Probably should report this to Mantis.
Yes, please.

RAW

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 10:54:06 pm »
Thanks @howardpc... right now it works as it should, I didn't use the second boolean var, but it's strange though...
If I use "Assigned" instead then everything is fine...

Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018