Recent

Author Topic: Tdbf question  (Read 2930 times)

SteveSS

Tdbf question
« on: June 30, 2017, 11:48:57 am »
Hi Chaps.  I have written a Lazarus program to record match results for a local team that I belong to.  I entered some results this morning, and when I backed up the data I noticed that the .mdx file for the results database did not copy - its last update date on Explorer shows 27/06/2017.  When I check the results, they are all there, with the correct date, and in the correct sequence.  I am intrigued as to why the .mdx file does not show as updated today.  Any thoughts?

ahiggins

Re: Tdbf question
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 11:51:15 am »
How are you backing up the table?

SteveSS

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 12:07:56 pm »
Just using xcopy in a .bat file - not part of the program.

ahiggins

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 12:38:04 pm »
Not sure, I've just tested on windows 7 64bit xcopy tablename.* d:\backup_path\ /v  with no issue. maybe try recreating the index.

SteveSS

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 01:32:50 pm »
Sorry All - I am being a bit dim (not for the first time).  The results table is  keyed on a date indicator (T/S/U for Thursday / Saturday / Sunday) plus the player name.  This means that the index will only change if there is a new player, or an existing player plays on a date they have not played on before.  All of the results I entered today were for existing players, who had played on a Thursday before.  So no index change.  The last update for the results index on the 27/06/2017 was because I entered a result for a new player. Arghhhh!!!

SOLVED

ahiggins

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 02:24:02 pm »
Result, it was always going to be something simple  ;).  I take it your batch file was using a /D or /A (/M) switch?

SteveSS

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 03:48:35 pm »
Yes - batch command is : xcopy C:\LData   F:\LData /F /D /E /I /Y

Thanks for joining in on this.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018