Recent

Author Topic: W10: Access screen border (outer pixels) with the mouse - possible?  (Read 2959 times)

RAW

Hi,
is it true that on W10 you cannot access the screen border like the way this little program does it?
Can anybody confirm this? I've heard that some time ago...

So this program will not work with W10?

Thanks in advance...
Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

wp

Re: W10: Access screen border (outer pixels) with the mouse - possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 11:07:39 pm »
You should explain what to do.

I run your program, see the message in the form, move the mouse to the top of the screen, right-click -> nothing happens.

But if I click OK in your form, move the mouse to the top of the screen, right-click, then there's a window all over the screen width with white text "Hi, I'm your EASY MENU ... Press ESC to ext" on blue background. Is this what you want to see?

I am using Win10.

RAW

Re: W10: Access screen border (outer pixels) with the mouse - possible?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 11:37:18 pm »
You should explain what to do.
Yes, I forgot to write "after clicking OK"...

But if I click OK in your form, move the mouse to the top of the screen, right-click, then there's a window all over the screen width with white text "Hi, I'm your EASY MENU ... Press ESC to ext" on blue background. Is this what you want to see?
Yes, exactly... good to know, so it's working without problems  :)

A very experienced programmer told me some time ago that this kind of menu wouldn't work with W10 and I found that very strange, but he saw the source code and I had no reason to not believe that... obviously I misinterpreted something... hmmm weird...  :)

Maybe there's a tablet-mode in W10 where this is not possible. I don't know...
Anyway... thank you very much.
Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018