Recent

Author Topic: Installing Indy 10 in 1.8 RC2 fails (worked in my past 1.6.4 installation)  (Read 4177 times)

MISV

This common Indy problem has popped up again for me with Lazarus 1.8 RC2...

While compiling twice works fine, but actually trying to install it afterwards still fails and results in:

Warning: Recompiling IdStreamVCL, checksum changed for IdGlobal
IdStream.pas(29,3) Fatal: Cannot find IdStreamVCL used by IdStream, incompatible ppu=D:\installed components\Indy_lazarus\Lib\lib\x86_64-win64\IdStreamVCL.ppu, package indylaz

Not sure how to solve this as the solutions I usually used do not appear to work.... Any ideas what to check?

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software

Not sure what is going on, but my first instinct is that you have multiple versions of IdGlobal on your system, and the wrong one is being found during installation.  You might try using SysInternals Process Monitor to see what files are actually being touched during compiling and installation.
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software - Owner, Developer
Internet Direct (Indy) - Admin, Developer (Support forum)

SunyD

Move at to top of the package then it compiles.
Look:

MISV

Re: Installing Indy 10 in 1.8 RC2 fails (worked in my past 1.6.4 installation)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:33:48 pm »

Not sure what is going on, but my first instinct is that you have multiple versions of IdGlobal on your system, and the wrong one is being found during installation.  You might try using SysInternals Process Monitor to see what files are actually being touched during compiling and installation.

Thank you Remy. Will try. Do you think this problem will ever get addressed in a way, so it does not pop up?

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 07:13:05 pm »
Thank you Remy. Will try. Do you think this problem will ever get addressed in a way, so it does not pop up?

Code has already been written to deprecate and remove the IdStream units from Indy.  The changes have not been checked in yet, as I haven't finished updating all of the various project files.
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software - Owner, Developer
Internet Direct (Indy) - Admin, Developer (Support forum)

JD

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 02:31:12 am »
This is curious. I have 1.8RC5 and I have Indy10 installed. If you can, you could try upgrading to 1.8RC5

JD
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

MISV

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 04:38:42 pm »

Code has already been written to deprecate and remove the IdStream units from Indy.  The changes have not been checked in yet, as I haven't finished updating all of the various project files.

you are an O:-) this issue has troubled me too many times to remember. Thank you!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018