Recent

Author Topic: Does lazarus support to make microsoft application shop store program?  (Read 3418 times)

greenzyzyzy

Does lazarus support to make microsoft application shop store program?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:29:50 am by greenzyzyzy »

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Afaik since Anniversary edition, the shop now supports win32/win64 programs too.

However I'm not aware of somebody already going through the trouble to do this kind of packaging. So this would need to be researched.

greenzyzyzy

Afaik since Anniversary edition, the shop now supports win32/win64 programs too.

However I'm not aware of somebody already going through the trouble to do this kind of packaging. So this would need to be researched.

thanks,you means current lazarus can not to make *.appx file?when will support?and i think shop support win32/64 program is a good idea.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
The appx file can be made with the MS SDK tools. The executable itself can be made with Freepascal itself. So there is no need that FPC or Lazarus should support the packaging... Note that appx is meant for universal apps and I wonder if this is really possible with FPC. But appx itself is just xml.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:22:28 am by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
thanks,you means current lazarus can not to make *.appx file?when will support?

Usually we rely on an interested user or developer to research this. There are no timetables.

and i think shop support win32/64 program is a good idea.

There seems really low interest in the store, which is probably why nobody bothered. But still it would be nice to have, in case Microsoft tries to play its hand and starts pushing for store installs (e.g. by making it the trajectory of least resistance, and requiring multiple "security" related clicks extra for normal installers)

greenzyzyzy

thank you very much. :D

Remy Lebeau

• Lebeau Software

Yes, but not as-is, they have to be re-packaged as APPX files.  Microsoft provides tools for doing that packaging.

However I'm not aware of somebody already going through the trouble to do this kind of packaging.

Recent versions of Embarcadero Delphi/C++Builder/RADStudio have built-in support in the IDE for packaging Win32 VCL/FMX apps for the Windows Store:

RAD Studio Windows Desktop Bridge Support
Remy Lebeau
Lebeau Software - Owner, Developer
Internet Direct (Indy) - Admin, Developer (Support forum)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018