Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release Candidate 2 of 1.8  (Read 74721 times)

MISV

Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 2 of 1.8
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2017, 01:23:48 pm »
1)
When trying to install package that uses bgratext.pas I get error

bgratext.pas(361,30) Error: Identifier not found "lpNoGUI"
bgratext.pas(405,64) Error: Identifier not found "lpNoGUI"

2)
when trying to install BGRABitmapPacl 9.2.2 it seems LCLWin32 is not defined... causing
error in OpenGLContext.pas

openglcontext.pas(71,4) Error: User defined: this LCL widgetset/OS is not yet supported

Not sure if this is a Lazarus 1.8 error but in Configure "Build Lazarus" i have LCL widget type set to win32/win64
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:53:58 pm by MISV »

jc99

• My private Site
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2017, 06:37:23 pm »
I just tested the issue again. In my point of view it is working correct:

If you make changes in a undocked (default) IDE in the settings, these settings are taken to a initially docked desktop after installing package AnchorDockedDsgn. You can now make changes in this new created (default docked) desktop. The last unused (default) desktop isn't deleted and not changed (see Mainmenu -> Tools -> Desktops ...).

If you now uninstall package AnchorDockedDsgn, the previous default desktop is loaded again. The docked desktops are deleted and this is correct, as they come with the package AnchorDockedDsgn (all things that a package installs have to be removed, if the package is uninstalled).

If you later want to reuse docked settings, you have do export and import these docked desktops. Of course this is not working now (https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29200). So the current workaround is to make a copy of your environmentoptions.xml and use it after reinstalling AnchorDockedDsgn, don't uninstall that package or adapt your divergent settings from your default desktop after package reinstalling.
I didn't deinstall AD i just switch from Lazarus with AD to Orginal released Lazarus to test if an error is there too, and You mean i have to reinstall all my carefully layouted desktops again ?
Which - If you really had tested it - isn't working correctly too (Windows don't appear, or appear on another place and hiding other windows), but that would be another issue.
XML(rared) attached
How about: "If a desktop-setting isn't meant for you, don't touch it, yust deactivate it, or activate only the parts you understand but NEVER delete it (at least not without questioning the User) !!!
BTW: when working with Sparta (at the moment) you have to switch often, when you work with incompatible (Delphi) Form-Files.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:43:56 pm by jc99 »
OS: Win XP x64, Win 7, Win 7 x64, Win 10, Win 10 x64, Suse Linux 13.2
Laz: 1.4 - 1.8.4, 2.0
https://github.com/joecare99/public
'~|    /''
,_|oe \_,are
If you want to do something for the environment: Twitter: #reduceCO2 or
https://www.betterplace.me/klimawandel-stoppen-co-ueber-preis-reduzieren

Michl

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2017, 09:30:12 pm »
I didn't deinstall AD i just switch from Lazarus with AD to Orginal released Lazarus to test if an error is there too
How do you test it? If AnchorDockingDsgn is installed, you can't switch to default destop. Please explain, what steps you made.

and You mean i have to reinstall all my carefully layouted desktops again ?
Which - If you really had tested it - isn't working correctly too (Windows don't appear, or appear on another place and hiding other windows), but that would be another issue.
Yes, that is a known problem. Currently don't use more then one desktop with installed AnchorDocking. See linked bugreport above.

How about: "If a desktop-setting isn't meant for you, don't touch it, yust deactivate it, or activate only the parts you understand but NEVER delete it (at least not without questioning the User) !!!
I don't understand what you mean with that.

BTW: when working with Sparta (at the moment) you have to switch often, when you work with incompatible (Delphi) Form-Files.
In the last time, I always work with installed AnchorDockingDsgn and Sparta_DockedFormEditor. But I don't work with Delphi form files. I don't have any problems here, how I use the IDE. Please create for any unknown issue, you found in your daily work, a bug report. Only if the bug is known and repeatable, there is a chance that someone can fix it.
Code: [Select]
type
  TLiveSelection = (lsMoney, lsChilds, lsTime);
  TLive = Array[0..1] of TLiveSelection;

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2017, 09:57:24 pm »

As I wrote in the bug tracker:

Unfortunately, currently there is no chance to preserve the docked desktops when AnchorDocking is not installed. It's because AnchorDocking directly saves the desktops. If it is not installed, Lazarus has no idea how to save them.

AnchorDocking takes care of its desktops. If it's not there, AnchorDocking desktops cannot be resaved. (The whole environment settings are loaded at start and saved on demand -> the whole XML file is rewritten.) The AnchorDocking-only parts can be loaded/rewritten only if AnchorDocking is installed. No chance to change this unless you have an idea and a patch.

jc99

• My private Site
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2017, 10:18:23 pm »
That's normaly the point when using XML-Files, things you don't understand, you just store as they are, (or leave it alone), and when saving something, the parts are saved as read, that's the way it (should) work in Opendocument, and other XML-related Programs.
The best thing as always is to ask the User. Somthing like:
3 Desktop-Layout have been found that cannot be used now shall they be deleted or preserved ? Please select the layouts to be deleted then a listbox where you could check the layouts to be deleted.
'~|    /''
,_|oe \_,are

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2017, 10:38:07 pm »
That's normaly the point when using XML-Files, things you don't understand, you just store as they are, (or leave it alone)

How it works now: the options XML file is parsed into pascal structures and the content is trashed/forgotten. What cannot be read is lost.

As I stated before: feel free to improve it.

jc99

• My private Site
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2017, 10:47:38 pm »
How do you test it? If AnchorDockingDsgn is installed, you can't switch to default destop. Please explain, what steps you made.
Since I Use win10 the release executable is preserve in the folder (as a nomal User I don't have write-rights in that directory)
So i close the Lazarus-win-AD, go to the Lazarus directory (in this case it's \Lazarus_rc\ (secondary Instalation) )
and start Lazarus.exe there
Switch back: Close Lazarus(release) and Start Lazarus with Startlazarus.exe (I've got a link vor that on the desktop)
Do I really have to explain how to Stop and Start Lazarus ?

[..] use only one Docked-Desktop
normaly I do. But somtimes you want to store a specific layout for a Project with two or more Editor-Windows ... Debug-Desktop, or just for other reasons I want to preserve the actual layout.

I don't understand what you mean with that.
The Desktop-Layout are stored in a xml-file. So when you find a Desktop file with A(Or other Unknown )-Layouts you just save the data separatly and restore it as it was when saving the file, or ask the User what to delete,
Or copy/rename the file to a extra place/name so AD( or whatever Component stored its Data there can retreive it from there (maybe also after asking the User). How do others feel about this ?

In the last time, I always work with installed AnchorDockingDsgn and Sparta_DockedFormEditor. But I don't work with Delphi form files. I don't have any problems here, how I use the IDE. Please create for any unknown issue, you found in your daily work, a bug report. Only if the bug is known and repeatable, there is a chance that someone can fix it.

One Example: Make a master-Form (an invisible TForm-descendant with some extra properties) then make a (visible) Child-Form descended from the Master-form. Close the Project
Open the Project again and see the result when looking at the Child-Form. To edit this you need the Standard editor, for this I need the Release-Version, or a Version without SDFE.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:02:07 pm by jc99 »
'~|    /''
,_|oe \_,are

jc99

• My private Site
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:00 pm »

How it works now: the options XML file is parsed into pascal structures and the content is trashed/forgotten. What cannot be read is lost.

As I stated before: feel free to improve it.
Point me to Where is the Data read (File & place) [edit]( in the trunk of cause)
and also Where is the Data written (File & place) I hope it's Component.
I'll have a look, when I found something I'll send a patch. I'd go for the first option "save unknown data and restore on writing". But first I'll implement the "Save file separately (and a User dialog)-option".
Then when switching back I (and other Users) could restore the file manually or with a batch.
Does this sound reasonable ?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:00:07 pm by jc99 »
'~|    /''
,_|oe \_,are

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2017, 10:54:59 pm »
Point me to Where is the Data read (File & place) [edit]( in the trunk of cause)
and also Where is the Data written (File & place) I hope it's Component.

ide\environmentopts.pp:

procedure TDesktopOpt.Load(Path: String);
procedure TDesktopOpt.Save(Path: String);

See the "if Assigned(FDockedOpt) then" part.

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2017, 11:00:54 pm »
In the last time, I always work with installed AnchorDockingDsgn and Sparta_DockedFormEditor.

Maybe having 2 Lazarus folders/EXEs, one with AnchorDocking installed and one without it would help you as well.

bastynator

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2017, 01:12:05 pm »
Installed it and works fine. Thanks for all your effort.

I noticed improvements on connect/disconnect second screen.  8)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2017, 02:59:25 pm »
Maybe having 2 Lazarus folders/EXEs, one with AnchorDocking installed and one without it would help you as well.
Yes, and using separate configurations for them with --pcp=...
Then a docked and non-docked layouts must be configured only once.
That is a workaround however.
Making the IDE aware of AnchorDocking settings also when AnchorDocking is not installed sounds like a right solution.
Maybe there can be default Load and Save functions that only retain the data. Then AnchorDocking can register its own Load and Save functions.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

jc99

• My private Site
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2017, 04:19:11 pm »
Yes, and using separate configurations for them with --pcp=...
Then a docked and non-docked layouts must be configured only once.
That is a workaround however.
You are right it's a reasonable workaround, only when testing something it  at best has to be with the same configuation otherwise you'll never know if its the config or the program.
Making the IDE aware of AnchorDocking settings also when AnchorDocking is not installed sounds like a right solution.
I'd call it make the IDE aware that there may be other components writing configurations (e.G: AnchorDocking)
Maybe there can be default Load and Save functions that only retain the data. Then AnchorDocking can register its own Load and Save functions.
That sounds like a better solution, but a bigger change, because it involves both, the Base-IDE and the component. Maybe in the next step.
... so let me have a look ...
'~|    /''
,_|oe \_,are

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2017, 04:44:48 pm »
That sounds like a better solution, but a bigger change, because it involves both, the Base-IDE and the component. Maybe in the next step.
Obviously the Base-IDE must be involved when AnchorDocking is not installed. I don't know how you planned to do it.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

jc99

• My private Site
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2017, 09:35:03 pm »
procedure TDesktopOpt.Load(Path: String);
procedure TDesktopOpt.Save(Path: String);

See the "if Assigned(FDockedOpt) then" part.

This is not the solution !
Since DesktopCanBeLoaded [line 652] is a Class-Procedure how about:
line 1062 ff
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.   dskDockMaster := FXMLCfg.GetValue(Path+'DockMaster', '');
  3.   if not  TEnvironmentOptions.DesktopCanBeLoaded(dskDockMaster) or (IndexOf(dskName) >= 0) then
  4.     Exit;{^Here Classname instead of variable}
  6.   dsk := TDesktopOpt.Create(dskName, dskDockMaster<>'');
This makes the class TDesktopOptList less dependend on a specific EnvironmentOptions.
'~|    /''
,_|oe \_,are

TinyPortal © 2005-2018