Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release Candidate 2 of 1.8  (Read 74723 times)

Michl

Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 2 of 1.8
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 11:47:58 pm »
@Juha: I can have a look at this issue.
Thanks.

I know that problem, as I use always AnchorDockingDsgn and SpartaDockedFormEditor. For me till now, it was a very minor problem, as one click after a fresh install in project options
It may be a bigger problem for new users who don't know about the issue, or for users who like to switch between docked and non-docked IDE.
It is fixed in trunk revision 55269 and requested for merge in 1.8: https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31981
Code: [Select]
type
  TLiveSelection = (lsMoney, lsChilds, lsTime);
  TLive = Array[0..1] of TLiveSelection;

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 12:48:42 am »
It is fixed in trunk revision 55269
Cool! The Coolbar indeed stays visible now.
I still don't quite understand what happened. Why it affected only the IDECoolbar visibility option and no others? Defaults are set also for docked desktop, right?
I would need to debug the code to understand.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:53:23 am by JuhaManninen »
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Phil

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2017, 02:32:44 am »
Yes, it may be that you are the only person with a project, that will not work in the new IDE. So if you do not test, we can not fix it.

I trust that these regressions will be fixed before 1.8 ships. They're still there in RC2. Worked fine in 1.6.4.

https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31912

https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31908

I don't see any fixes to Carbon or Cocoa widgetsets in RC2 since early April.

ps

• CSS
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 06:49:36 am »

Maybe Lazarus for macOS is dead, this is last year for Carbon 32bits aps and still not full working Cocoa.  :(

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/06/apple-to-phase-out-32-bit-mac-apps/
Small simple CSS/box model implementation: https://github.com/pst2d/csscontrols/tree/dev

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2017, 08:03:12 am »
Yes, it may be that you are the only person with a project, that will not work in the new IDE. So if you do not test, we can not fix it.

I trust that these regressions will be fixed before 1.8 ships. They're still there in RC2. Worked fine in 1.6.4.

https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31912

https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31908

Unfortunately there is no active macOSX LCL/Lazarus maintainer. I have very limited debug possibilities. (I have no Mac hardware.) We need your help.

tudi_x

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2017, 08:15:47 am »
hi,
what kind of specs you would need for a mac os test machine?
would it be useful if you could connect remotely?
Lazarus 2.0.2 64b on Debian LXDE 10

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 08:37:41 am »
hi,
what kind of specs you would need for a mac os test machine?

Nothing special - just to be able to run the Lazarus trunk via SVN.

would it be useful if you could connect remotely?

IMO yes, I can try.

To be honest, I have no deep experience with Carbon/Cocoa, so probably it would be better if somebody with Carbon experience would take a look at the issue. I assume it is due to the LCL internal DPI change from 72 to 96: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.8.0_release_notes#DPI_value_change_for_all_Mac_OSX_widget_sets.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2017, 10:41:30 am »
I've just downloaded and tried Lazarus 1.8.0RC2. I installed it using 3 deb files downloaded from SourceForge. And I found some issues.

Note: I use Ubuntu Mate 16.10 64-bit.

When installing FPC, I got "".Error: Breaks existing package 'fpc' conflict: fpc (). I had Lazarus 1.6.4 installed previously but I have uninstalled it and renamed the ".lazarus" in my home folder before I installed 1.8.0RC2. This issue can be ignored and no serious problem will happen.

The Source Editor is (almost) unusable to me. If I type "Begin", the result will be "BBeeggiinn". This is bad, hope it can be fixed soon.

I have discussed the issues on other thread:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,37022.msg247603.html#msg247603
Note: Issue #2 and #3 didn't happen on my test on RC2.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2017, 11:07:33 am »
The Source Editor is (almost) unusable to me. If I type "Begin", the result will be "BBeeggiinn". This is bad, hope it can be fixed soon.
That is related to input methods with GTK2 and certain desktop systems. There are workarounds to fix it.
See this and the related issues:
 https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30863

One "fix" is also to build Lazarus with QT bindings.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2017, 11:14:59 am »
Almost all Lazarus versions have that problem in their first releases.  And yes, it is a problem with GTK+.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2017, 11:32:02 am »
Almost all Lazarus versions have that problem in their first releases.  And yes, it is a problem with GTK+.
What does that mean? It has not been fixed in the following releases either.
Yes, it is a nasty interaction with GTK+, input method, desktop and OS combinations. It can be seen as a downside of having so many distributions and variations there.
You can fix it in your particular system by tweaking input method settings. I personally don't know details of it. I use KDE and have never seen such problems. I have used XFCE, too, but didn't see the problems then either.

Handoko

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2017, 11:40:17 am »

I never had this issue until 1.8.0.

Anyway, I noticed the font in Source Editor is hard to read. See the image below, the upper image is Lazarus 1.6.4 and the lower one Lazarus 1.8.0RC2. It is not a serious problem because I can change the font, but I think I should report it here.

Also, why by default the line number is turn off?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:12:29 pm by Handoko »

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2017, 12:11:38 pm »
Anyway, I noticed the font in Source Editor is hard to read. See the image below, the upper image is Lazarus 1.6.4 and the lower one Lazarus 1.8.0RC2. It is not a serious problem, but I think I should report it here.
Also, why by default the line number is turn off?
You have different editor settings, including font, between those two for whatever reason.
The 1.8 version itself does not cause so big changes.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2017, 01:01:27 pm »
What does that mean?
I had that problem (duplicated characters when writting) in almost all versions since 1.0 'til 1.6, in Fedora, Lubuntu and Xubuntu.  The fix in all cases was to wait until an update fixed it (don't ask me who and how, but somebody did).  I didn't test 1.8 yet (and I'll don't until version 1.8.1*) so I can't say if I have te same problem right now.

* In most cases I never use the "just released" version of open source software.  I try to wait until the "dot one" version is out.  This is just because I'm very bad evaluating and explaining other people bugs (specially in English) .  I hope this doesn't sound too selfish, it is not my intention.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:03:42 pm by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

Handoko

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2017, 01:10:48 pm »
@JuhaManninen

I use Ubuntu Mate and I found Lazarus keeps its editor settings in "/home/.lazarus". I removed that folder (after I made a backup) and tested both Lazarus 1.6.4 and 1.8.0RC2 several times. The results are same:

- Lazarus 1.6.4 (for Linux) uses DejaVu Sans Mono as default editor font if the ".lazarus" folder cannot be found (deleted).

- Lazarus 1.8.0RC2 (for Linux) uses -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-1 as default editor font if the ".lazarus" folder cannot be found (deleted). And the show line numbers option is not checked.

The tests were performed on Ubuntu Mate 16.10 64-bit.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:13:26 pm by Handoko »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018