Forum > Windows

TFPGList replacement for use with Delphi

(1/1)

lexgei:
Hello.
I want to use PascalScada with Delphi XE3 and I see that the unit FGL is used.
I want to compile the package but there's use of TFPGList that is making problems.
Can anyone tell me more about this FGL unit and maybe tell me if there's a built in component in Delphi XE3 I can use.
Please advise.
Regards
Geir

Thaddy:
There is a solution in trunk that you can use rtl-generics and that is almost Delphi compatible (and better!).
The point is: are you willing and able to use FPC trunk? Since it is Scada, I would not do that yet, although rtl-generics are stable, but unusable with the current official fpc  release 3.0.2.

for Trumpo's: weaknesess in Scada caused and contributed to a world wide infection while targeting Iran... Thank you Trumpo's.....<think>? (this was not his fault, be he likes it none the less..)

avra:

--- Quote from: lexgei on June 05, 2017, 06:17:33 pm ---I want to use PascalScada with Delphi XE3
--- End quote ---
Try some older version. Lately author doesn't seam to bother with maintaining Delphi compatibility.

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on June 05, 2017, 06:35:15 pm ---There is a solution in trunk that you can use rtl-generics and that is almost Delphi compatible (and better!).
The point is: are you willing and able to use FPC trunk? Since it is Scada, I would not do that yet, although rtl-generics are stable, but unusable with the current official fpc  release 3.0.2.

--- End quote ---

They are usable with 3.0.2. It had all necessary fixes merged back that 3.0.0 lacked to allow the usage of rtl-generics. One simply needs to compile them manually, but they are perfectly usable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version