Recent

Author Topic: I am a real beginner!  (Read 2628 times)

julz57

I am a real beginner!
« on: May 28, 2017, 11:57:48 pm »
Hi

My background has been more a mix of medical and educational and all the posts in the beginner forum make my head spin.

I used borland delphi 5 for some educational software which is why i am now looking at lazarus. I had learnt Basic at uni so i could work my way through Borllnd delphi 5 despite minimal coding skills.

My coding was very spaghetti like and grew rather than was coded.

Is there another really basic introduction area for Lazarus? I am retired and now want to create software to assist parents and children with learning delays. All free to user for basic stuff but a need to donate to a charity of my choice, which works with disadvantaged children, for more advanced and personalised software. 

I want to rewrite my borland delphi software as it was awful, bloated,... but worked! So can anyone direct me to a really easy beginner's area that is nice to mature grey matter?

Thanks in advance

Julz57

RAW

Re: I am a real beginner!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 12:13:14 am »
Hi,
normally the basic stuff is really Delphi-like so maybe there isn't much to change. You can use {$MODE DELPHI} for testing purposes if you like or just load the Delphi programs into a new LAZARUS-Project and take a look what the FreePascalCompiler told you...
There are some tools inside the LAZARUS IDE (Tools | Delphi Conversion | Convert Delphi Unit To Lazarus Unit ...), but I never used this so I can't say anything about it.

Maybe this is useful...
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Pascal_and_Lazarus_Books_and_Magazines

Windows 7 Pro (x64 Sp1) & Windows XP Pro (x86 Sp3).

julz57

Re: I am a real beginner!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 07:54:27 am »
Thanks to both of you for your replies

TinyPortal © 2005-2018